Favorite Candy

englandmj7

I am a sugar fiend.

Favorite country for candy: England or Ireland

(Aero, Curly Wurly, Sherbet dip, Crunchie, Fruit Pastilles, Milky Bar....... hell yes)

Favorite candy: Turkish delight (Lokum) at the moment. Tropical Skittles is a close second.

I am really disappointed by the candy in Asia in general; Mexico/S. America suck as well. Cakes/cookies seem to be more prevalent.

Please discuss.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Beaten. Loved that shit when I was in England.

Violet Crumble is the crappy Australian version of Crunchie:

67ewvo7.jpg

The honeycomb tastes the same, but Nestle chocolate (VC) doesn't even begin to touch Cadbury's (Crunchie).

prod_1065.jpg

im into chocolate.. darker the better. i even do the biter 85% shit sometimes.

I really like the dark chocolate truffles you can get that are super soft and covered in bitter chocolate powder. You can get em' in boxes at Trader Joe's and crap.

whhaaaa? candy in Asia not good? Blasphemy! Then again, definition of 'candy' is slightly different in Asia. Something like Milky Bar would be in the 'chocolate' category. In terms of Asian candy - I'd say Chelsea Yogurt Scotch is fucking awesome

http://www.koamart.com/shop/39-2817-candy_gum-japanese_chelsea_yogurt_scotch_candy__1_58oz.asp

But I like any free ones offered by strangers with slightly beaten up minivans that have no seats int he back.

my brother loves those pieces of shit...i think they're kinna nasty. the chocolate powder gets on your fingers and smells terrible.

Ha hah.

whhaaaa? candy in Asia not good? Blasphemy! Then again, definition of 'candy' is slightly different in Asia. Something like Milky Bar would be in the 'chocolate' category. In terms of Asian candy - I'd say Chelsea Yogurt Scotch is fucking awesome

http://www.koamart.com/shop/39-2817-candy_gum-japanese_chelsea_yogurt_scotch_candy__1_58oz.asp

But I like any free ones offered by strangers with slightly beaten up minivans that have no seats int he back.

I sort of lumped chocolate into 'candy' anyway.

In regards to Asia, I just wasn't very fond of the selection. In Japan, they had these awesome Starbust-like (actually better than Starbust) candies in flavors like Lychee, Kiwi, Apple, etc. that were awesome; in HK, I love to get my white rabbit. I'm not saying they don't have any good candy, I'm just saying that in comparison, the US & Europe has a better selection. Maybe it's because when people in Asia think of a quick snack, they aren't as prone to go for the Snickers/M&Ms as fat Americans are. Seems to be less decent junk food snacks in general anyway. But yeah, the 'candy' sections in convenient stores there are like half the size of the ones in the US or Europe.

Hell yes; Airheads. Remember Dweebs?

Jesus, did I confuse the Violet Crumble for something else? I remember eating one a few years ago that triggerd all sorts of nostalgic memories about my early youth. Maybe the whole thing was a lie.

You can actually find Violet Crumble in the US fairly easily. I know you can find it in Seattle.

It's crunchy on the inside, yellowish with a honey flavor; meant to be like real 'honeycomb'...........

You can probably find it in the UK, but Crunchie is infinitely more prevalent there. You won't go to a single shop/convenience store that doesn't carry Crunchie.

In no specific order:

(also some other flavours. Happy Cola is great, as are the classic Goldbaeren)

03.jpg

(again, in just about every flavour. They have so many great ones that I can't even remember half. Also they're stupidly expensive.

zotter%20ingwer.JPG

The only good chips

chips_paprika.jpg

The classic

milka.jpg

I'm not too fond of Lindt to be honest.

I recently bought the sour skittles and was thouroughly displeased with there sourness. Was hoping for so much more than I got I guess. oh yeah these are good too.

Remember Mega Warheads?

I actually liked the sour Skittles but I found that by the time I had finished the pack my teeth & tongue were aching horribly.

In no particular order:

- Starburst (and those Asian versions of starburst in Asian flavours)

- Fruitips

- Really dark chocolate (above 80%. Mint gets extra points)

- Jolly Ranchers

- Ice Breakers Sours