H&M Sizing & Selection

yanni

I'm going to a birthday in Finland over the weekend and I need to get a nice semi-casual buttonup. I live in the middle of nowhere store-wise and I want to get down to Boston to see if H&M has something good. However, I can't drive to Boston so I got someone who's going to be in Boston at the time to pick up some stuff for me.

As far as the shirt: After washing and drying an American Apparel Medium shirt, it fits perfectly. Would a medium H&M buttonup, after washed and dried have a somewhat similar fit?

Is there someone online where I can check out what kind of patterns and colors they have on shirts? Besides their foreign online shops, I mean.

also I've already tried the search function, so thanks! :)

I'm going to a birthday in Finland over the weekend and I need to get a nice semi-casual buttonup. I live in the middle of nowhere store-wise and I want to get down to Boston to see if H&M has something good. However, I can't drive to Boston so I got someone who's going to be in Boston at the time to pick up some stuff for me.

As far as the shirt: After washing and drying an American Apparel Medium shirt, it fits perfectly. Would a medium H&M buttonup, after washed and dried have a somewhat similar fit?

Is there someone online where I can check out what kind of patterns and colors they have on shirts? Besides their foreign online shops, I mean.

also I've already tried the search function, so thanks! :)

thanks for explaining your story, if you just asked "does H&M fit like AA?" I would've told you to goto hell, however since you are talking about international travel, I will gladly try to assist you. From my exp H&M fits like AA. I hope this helps. Thank you.

HM stock changes so often, so you probably cant find a site that has all of it. There is just too much random crap all the time.

It also depends on which line. I find the regular HM line is larger in size than an AA shirt. The divided line is slimmer, but is not a "regular work friendly button down", more like casual button downs.

Might as well jsut buy it as its so cheap

alright, so i'm gonna stop being an ass, seriously H&M does fit like AA. From my exp. an AA plain white cotton t-shirt will shink one size when washed and dried. If you bought an Medium AA tee and you like how it fits after it was washed and dried, you can probably fit both into a size S or M at H&M. Also different style tops at H&M fit slightly differently even though they are size the same (this is common of many stores) so unfortunately your best bet is to go in person and try on stuff.

However since you did say this was not possible, I recommend (if you have the money) to just ask your friend to buy both S and M sizes of the shirts you are looking for, then sell the one that fits you worse on sufu, ebay, or perhaps have your friend return them to the store. This would be easier at H&M since the stuff is not limited and relatively inexpensive. cheers.

Anyone who says "H&M fits like ___" for more than 2 or 3 pieces is full of shit. Because of the way design at H&M works (designers can produce items without getting permission from the higher-ups), there is so much random shit flying around H&M it's not even funny. I own everything from XS to L. I seriously have XS shirts from them that fit identical to L shirts from them. There is no way to buy H&M without trying it unless you know the exact measurements of a piece.

Anyone who says "H&M fits like ___" for more than 2 or 3 pieces is full of shit. Because of the way design at H&M works (designers can produce items without getting permission from the higher-ups), there is so much random shit flying around H&M it's not even funny. I own everything from XS to L. I seriously have XS shirts from them that fit identical to L shirts from them. There is no way to buy H&M without trying it unless you know the exact measurements of a piece.

Very true. I should have specified that in terms of basic t-shirts, H&M definitely fits like AA.

But yea, I have three hoodies from H&M, ranging from S-XL. They all fit pretty much like a medium. That's one thing that bothers me about H&M though, so much random pieces. Even this spring when everyone was hyped about the nice M65s they had, everyone bought them and when they posted pics they looked different in the details.