White High Tops (Lanvin or Dior Homme)???

Lanvin or Dior Homme?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Lanvin or Dior Homme?

• Lanvin
    • Dior Homme

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely will cosign to cool chicslovemike. Lanvins look terrible in person, and they are extremely heavy, dior takes it in my book.

which lanvins and diors are you comparing??? the lanvins are even better in person then on print or the net!

lanvin quality is the best,look and fucntionality high tops this season. all others other than lanvins are crap imo.

you know whats funny? dior really ain't shit in terms of price unit compared to this. since the purchase of these i don't even respect my diors anymore. and i only have one pair of lowtops. 2-3 bills more then dh. kid, we be ballin'!!! i kinda don't wanna wear these to japan this winter though...

like that one black dude in do the right thing when his peasant 3's got scuffed.

PG_104316995_ZM2.jpg

PG_104316995_ZM1.jpg

I was comparing the b28 Dior high tops to these lanvins above. They are currently in Barneys and they look gross. The style modern man has is really nice but here is a pic of pradadaley's B28 Dior high tops:

IMAGE_012.jpg

dior actually wins in this case...

if it was m i wpould prob go for dior but not those ones, so in this case out of the two the lanvin iv seen lanvins in flesh and they are nice but they are more bulky than the diors but if i was buying white hi tops id either hold out and try get the dior's from s/s04 strip the nicest hi tops know to man OR ysl nomades they are hi tops but not bulky at all really simple and nice

but i would avoid any shoe with mesh or suede cause in the end will be impossible to keep looking good compared to normal leather

the lanvins are just too boooring. the DHs have a nice balance of materials and textures, though maybe too much movement of fabric for some. but look at the first picture of the lanvins in action, their flat leather construction just bends and buckles the shit outta that shoe, whereas all the stitching/pieces of leather on the DHs keep it in more to your foot. though snafu is right, keeping those kicks clean will be a bitch. and the colored lanvins with strap are nice.

diamonds, are you sure that's perforated, looks more like a weave...

jmatsu, i can't believe you jus said that, more money doesn't make a shoe, i mean, are you serious, it's the style, unless i missed what you meant

i'm thinking of getting those bright purple or dark blue or maroon lanvins with strap or the DHs, anyone know where I can find them? [anyone who want's the lanvins only a size nine left in black on aloharag for 672 usd]

i have the black patent lanvin straps. i feel like i got to collect them all now. i still want the olive green straps and now this maroon color.:confused:

really though. i know the discussion is quality on white high tops, lanvin vs diors etc..but these strapped version of lanvin are really great quality. just the materials used.suede,calf leather heels,patent leather straps/exterior.satin lining. overall contruction.its top notch.

ive never seen the lanvin white high straps in person.but im assuming its great quality as well.

i have the black patent lanvin straps. i feel like i got to collect them all now. i still want the olive green straps and now this maroon color.:confused:

really though. i know the discussion is quality on white high tops, lanvin vs diors

first off, can you post pix and tell source of your black patent lanvin straps??? pleeez

second, you're right, in terms of the original topic, the two pix in the first post: DH and lanvins are tied (and it seems that first lanvin pic were strap version)...regular lanvins vs DH, DH wins...but with all these patent leather and color lanvins with strap, then lanvin beats DH

yeah, the strapless and strap lanvins are really different beasts:

lanvinregularvsstraphw2.png

i like that the strap adds a bulky extra shape to the shoe, which is good for sliding jeans into shoes

I think Lanvin vs. modern DH is heavily sided to Lanvin, but when you look at the older DH shoes, such as from The Strip collection, there's really no competition, because DH wins outright

But god damn those Lanvin high tops on browns look ridiculous

agreed without a doubt but as far as these days goes il buy dh over lanvin still only causeit fits me better when your 172 and 50kg lanvin just aint designed for you

as far as shoes and that go i think its hard to pull of big white hi-tops unless ur pretty tall or atleast average without making yourself look stupid