Pre-Washed jeans.

Hey what's up Superfuture?

This is my first post on these forums and I hope that you guys can help me out with a little dilemma i've been having. I just recently purchased a pair of slim straight leg jeans that have been pre-washed. Yes, I know, judging from the posts I've read so far while lurking, you guys aren't fans of pre-washed jeans. But it's too late now, I've bought them, and they fit quite well for $70 jeans. Anyways, I was wondering, since I haven't washed them in my own machine yet (I just took the tags off), Could I wear them in like you would dry denim. I don't want like hardcore fading since it already has that, but it has nothing behind the knees, I was wondering if I break them in and wear them for a few months, will there be at least creases behind the knees? I want some kind of distressing behind the knees, but I have no idea how to go about this. Thanks a lot guys.

The jeans are ANF's Remsen Slim Straights (In a Dark wash), if you must know.

Edit: I'm going to try and break them in. Thread here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=473698

Thanks all

-- Alex

i think it really depends on the wash that you have. from my experience, lighter colored washes obviously will hve a difficult time fading...but i've had darker pairs that gradually fade, but honestly, its nothing too noticable. If you look at some of the jeans people post here (ie julian red nikkisixx) which are "pre-distressed" but more or less minor creasing, some of hte members have successfully faded them even more. Not quite sure if my answer helped at all, but good luck.

i think it really depends on the wash that you have. from my experience, lighter colored washes obviously will hve a difficult time fading...but i've had darker pairs that gradually fade, but honestly, its nothing too noticable. If you look at some of the jeans people post here (ie julian red nikkisixx) which are "pre-distressed" but more or less minor creasing, some of hte members have successfully faded them even more. Not quite sure if my answer helped at all, but good luck.

The jeans I got were in a darker wash, so do you think that might help at all? I just want some kind of noticable distressing behind the back of the legs, you think If I wear them non-stop from now 'til August I will get results? Thanks :)

-- Alex

well, i would assume so...since the more you wear it, the more the leftover indigo will fade out... but ive also heard that predistressed jeans are often treated so it does not loose its color and fading. I guess it really depends on how the denim is treated and such, but for the most part...i would assume that if you wore the crap out of them, they would fade more.

i think i saw a post a long time ago form a guy who had a pair of predistressed Gstars that he wore endlessly and the results were pretty amazing.

I also saw another post awhile ago about a pair of diesels that he sucessfully got some honeycombs in on the back of his legs.

Either way, just wear them lol. i mean why the hell not, either way theyre your jeans and if they dont fade, they dont fade...but if they do, even better.

well, i would assume so...since the more you wear it, the more the leftover indigo will fade out... but ive also heard that predistressed jeans are often treated so it does not loose its color and fading. I guess it really depends on how the denim is treated and such, but for the most part...i would assume that if you wore the crap out of them, they would fade more.

i think i saw a post a long time ago form a guy who had a pair of predistressed Gstars that he wore endlessly and the results were pretty amazing.

I also saw another post awhile ago about a pair of diesels that he sucessfully got some honeycombs in on the back of his legs.

Either way, just wear them lol. i mean why the hell not, either way theyre your jeans and if they dont fade, they dont fade...but if they do, even better.

Fuckin' awesome. You have just rekindled my motivation! Thanks so much man, I'll do what I can. :D

-- Alex

i dont want to be a jerk but why you stressin over a pair of pre washed jeans? just wear em its very simple.... and on a helpful note... my homie wore the same sevens for months and he did get a few honey combs and pretty nice fades they look real nice actually but the bad part is that you will see the pre made fades not match ones you actually made so it might look awkward.... if all else fails go get some levi STFs! haha

just wear them lol. ive never washed a pair of jeans out of the bag ever. i dont think you should worry about that

Alright, I'll get on it tmrow. I'll wear them and have a walk in the park. :)

i dont want to be a jerk but why you stressin over a pair of pre washed jeans? just wear em its very simple.... and on a helpful note... my homie wore the same sevens for months and he did get a few honey combs and pretty nice fades they look real nice actually but the bad part is that you will see the pre made fades not match ones you actually made so it might look awkward.... if all else fails go get some levi STFs! haha

Alright bro.

I'll give it a few months, and post my results here.

Go get yourself some Wrangler 13MWZ or Levis 501 STF.

Wrangler??? Ehhhh??? Enlighten me.

Get Wrangler 13 MWZ in dry/rigid/raw state. Very cheap, very good for that price.

Ahh... So where can you get these jeans? Are they a slim fit? (I dislike baggy cuts)

Oh nvm, I just googled them. I don't like the back pocket tag. Although if it didn't have that along with the obnoxious rivets I would get them. (I have no idea how to remove the leather tag, I would guess that you cut the thread that they sew it on to the denim on.

I don't think anyone here actually dislikes prefaded jeans as a whole. It's just that most prefaded jeans are absolutely hideous because the washes are utter crap. There are exceptions though. For example, Julian Red and Acne both have some great washes.

I've never heard of Julian Red, but I'll do some research. Heh, I'm learning already.

if you want honeycombs and fading from wear, its quite simple.. buy some good-quality well-fitting raw jeans. Return the a&f jeans (you bought A&F jeans for gods sake!) or try to ebay them to recoup some of the money them or just considered them a $70 mistake and forget about it. If you soak up enough info from here, $70 will seem like nothing for jeans anyway.

Ahh... So where can you get these jeans? Are they a slim fit? (I dislike baggy cuts)

Oh nvm, I just googled them. I don't like the back pocket tag. Although if it didn't have that along with the obnoxious rivets I would get them. (I have no idea how to remove the leather tag, I would guess that you cut the thread that they sew it on to the denim on.

I would call them a slim fit yes. Wrangler 936 is even slimmer. I tried the 13 MWZ in a 35 and they were skin tight on me, but I got big thigs from weight lifting. I think you should get them anyway. You can remove the leather patch on the backpockets easily. And the rivets is a great detail in my opinion, they give a nice vintage-feeling. The denim is also really thick and robust, 15 oz. Great for that price.

i've gotten ok wear on prewashed jeans without even trying but they were still fairly dark when i got them (i noticed the wear on the back of the knees and lap after i got into superfuture)--i just wore them the way normal ppl wear jeans and since i'm pretty clean/not fussy i rarely washed them anyway.

i'm guessing the key is not washing while yer jeans are still able to bleed/lose a decent amt of color.

if you want honeycombs and fading from wear, its quite simple.. buy some good-quality well-fitting raw jeans. Return the a&f jeans (you bought A&F jeans for gods sake!) or try to ebay them to recoup some of the money them or just considered them a $70 mistake and forget about it. If you soak up enough info from here, $70 will seem like nothing for jeans anyway.

Hah, I know, but it was like an impulse buy. I'm a newbie to denim and after browsing these forums I think I should have bought a pair of the wranglers or APC. (Hah, it's gotten me interested) But whatever, It was only once. I won't do it again. :P

I have a friend with a pair of nudies that he always wears and I never actually got that. I was like dood, you need to change your jeans they are getting dirty, and he just laughed at me. Anyways, he was telling about the "sick fades" that you get from it, and I'm not really listening, but a few months later I was pretty impressed, the nudies looked nothing like when he first started wearing them. So I'm doing my little poor mans alternative. (Yeah, I could get black monday, but I dont like the idea of wearing a satanic thing on my ass.)

Anyways, I'll try to fade them, And I'l put up before, during, and after pics.