Tell him he dresses like a gigolo.

ABELnyc

I finally saw Ocean's Twelve last night. Whoever the costume designer was, (s)he is on point. If anyone can tell me who made that ILL doublebreasted leather thing Brad Pitt is wearing in one scene, I'll be forever in your debt. Actually, come to think of it, most of Brad Pitt's gear is totally mack-fu in that movie. Yeah yeah, I know, he's Brad Pitt so he makes everything look good, but fuck that, man, the gear he's got in that movie is fucking bananas.

*also, I'd heard from lots of people that this movie sucked (this is why i saw it only last night), but i thought it was dope.

discussilate?

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

He rocks great gear in both 11 and 12 and his character was the inspiration for my handleicon_smile_cool.gif. Both were great movies, but I think 11 was undeniably better. The stuff from 11 was mostly custom made by Jeff Kurland, the costume designer I believe, but I don't know about his gear from 12 though, I agree it was pretty sick. I wanted to know what jeans he had in the openning seen where he jumped out the windowicon_smile_question.gif

Ocean's Eleven was a cool, smart heist flick with an amazingly funky score; bought it on dvd also. Ocean's Twelve on the other hand blows big time. The ridiculous Julia Roberts "cameo/plot twist" near the end was such ego-masturbation that I almost threw up. The only reason watching it to the end was indeed the wardrobe and the stunning locations. Any info on the stuff in 12 would be greatly appreciated... or is it custom stuff also? Probably something I can't afford anyway...

in the train station scene he sports a white burberry trenchcoat with glasses. would look mad gay on me, but hey he is brad pitt and it looked really masculine..

and he wears nice silk shirts , look good on him..

besides i like the aristocrat style of the old english guy. funky...

and when don cheadle dresses up for the snipe scene, he looks like a navy seal, maybe got some acronym shit there??

and fucking zeta jones has great tits, all over the place....

Juxta: not that white one. there is a dark brown, double breasted trenchcoat in another scene. that's the one i'm wondering about...that's one fly trench.

and basically every suit he's wearing, in both movies. someone told me ferragamo, someone else said prada...who knows.

thx tho

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

last march, i sat at a poker table, by myself, on a fast ferry crossing the north sea from the netherlands to england. i was up 200 euros in less than an hour, when the girl i was traveling with walked up and told me that she had tickets for us to see oceans 12. i can't believe i walked away from the game to see that piece of shit. honestly, the film is a total blower.

There is no doubt. I own those two DVDs just to watch the style of the characters, as I also do with Snatch, Lock Stock and Fear and Loathing Las Vegas.

That trenchcoat bears a similar reference to the one from Dior Homme this season, although I can surely say that this isn't it, of course because its much newer and second because the buttons are all different.

The style Brad Pitt has in the XI/XII films are undeniable my favorite style of all movies, runner-up is Turkish from Snatch. My goal in fashion is to recreate those styles.

To get to the point; I think the trench coat is english bespoke. There were some clues, I will watch the scenes again and get back to this thread.

EDIT: http://www.celluloid-dreams.de/content/images/kritiken-filmbilder/oceans-twelve/oceans-twelve-4.jpg <- sex.

MAD YOUNG MAN

Edited by skecr8r on Jun 18, 2005 at 04:29 AM

not familiar with bespoke...YSL Rive Gauche, so that would make the coat something like what, $2000? or more like $12,000? just curious. i would like to get a trench like that, a waxyish leather trench but not black. that deep brown is very nice, would look good with any color suit.

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

this link is a bit helpful...

http://www.mooviees.com/7779/1674-production_notes+%22costume+designer%22+%22ocean%27s+twelve%22+%22brad+pitt%22&hl=en

i forgot that lots of the outfits could have just been custom tailored for the movie, on some one of a kind shit. (still, i just KNOW that leather trench is available somewhere!)

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

Yeah $2000-$3000+ sounds about right for YSL.

The majority of the looks from both movies can be replicated with stuff from the major designers. Prada did a slew of silk shirts last year and the year before that look a lot like the type that Brad Pitt wore. Gucci and YSL also. If you can though, Bespoke is the way to go if you really want the look of nice fitted shirts and suits. Depending on where you go it can be serious $$$'s but believe it or not there are always decent tailors available locally that can do a similar job for far less than the big bespoke houses.

As for the leather trench there are always a bunch of designers who do them every year. If you want a wide lapel style one like from the movie you could try Prada/Miu Miu, Ralph L Purple or Burberry. Car coats aren't that hard to find. Belstaff does some that look pretty similar to the one from the movie and the quality of their leather is top notch.

The thing is that you need to fetch out absurd amounts of dollars for all the items. Such a dress up can easily run you 4-500$ for the shirt, same for shoes, belt, jewelry is easily 2-300$, suit will be 1.500$ and then you haven't even gotten underwear yet or a restaurant to flash it all.

MAD YOUNG MAN

True, but if you don't care about brands that much, you can often just copy the look. I know, it rarely looks exactly the same (the issues of quality and is it custom made) and in some items like leather jackets and shoes, you can read "cheap" a mile away. With suits on the other hand, it's all about the fit and look - not about the brand. So you can skimp a little there.