Superfood Nyc

mlproject

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really liking Chiyono right now. Neither sushi or yakitori, but a kind of japanese country style cooking. Plus it's quiet and usually filled with actual Japanese people.

I don't even know what authentic mexican tastes like but I'm always having lunch at Big Enchilada near Union Square. Stuff is pretty fresh and prices are decent.

odwalla-superfood.jpg

shit is so fucking gross.

It's like eat a bowl of grass and diarrhea (verb) in to a bottle.

superfood is amazing

if you say it's like eating liquid grass, you have obviously never even tasted it

welcome to the 21st century, all is not what it seems

To get back to the thesis question of this thread, Mexican is hard man. All my favorite spots fell off, or are just gone. There are a few decent Margaritas out there, you just gotta hunt them down. I like the frozen jams at Sweet and Vicious, they have a machine that really hooks them up and you get the elixer in a nice mason jar, thats big enough even for me.

anyone with some hot mexi ideas? the only real joints i know to go to now are on 6th ave in Bk. hmmm... life.

EDIT: there is a place that is TOO ill on hudson and 10th st. right off the corner, everything there is good, but i forget the name, anyone know what im talkin about? kinda expensive, small blue interior, i have to say, it was really good, and really ill. Great drinks and food, damn, now i want to go there...

Dumpling House on Eldridge - a few blocks down from Trackstar - is insanely cheap and insanely delicious.

TRUTH!

Whenever I'm broke, this place hits the spot. Plus, the most expensive item on the menu is only $3.00!

Cooper 35 Asian Pub on 35 Cooper Square and 3rd ave. $4.00 drinks, free edamame and their Fried Calamari cannot be beat. Decent atmosphere, just has a lot of NYU kids.

Greys Papaya on W. 8th and 6th ave and 72nd and Bway. Cheap good hot dogs.

Congee Village on Allen st. btwn Delancey and Broome. Excellent Chinese food with excellent prices, good service and nice decor.

Oyama on 1st ave btwn 11th and 12th has decent sushi for cheap prices. 50% off all rolls and sashimi every day.

Cheese Steak Factory on E. Houston btwn Orchard and Ludlow has the best cheese steaks in Manhattan.

Kenka on 25 St. Marks btwn 2nd and 3rd, decent Japanese food with $1.50 Sapporo drafts. Also at the end of each meal they give you a little plastic cup filled with sugar so you can make your own cotton candy outside.

Croxley Ales on 2nd and B, monday and wednesdays 10 cent wings, nuff said.

69 Bayard on 69 Bayard btwn Mott st. and Elizabeth St. The spot with the walls plastered with money. Good Chinese food with good prices and friendly wait staff.

Jeremy's Ale House on 228 Front St. by Seaport btwn Peck Slip and Dover. .20 cent wings on Sunday and Monday night football along with 32 oz buckets of draft beer. GOOD FOOD.

Nam Son on Grand st. btwn Bowery and Chrystie st. Extremely good viet food and good service with a very relaxed environment. Love their pho and spring rolls.

Brother Jimmys on 428 Amsterdam Ave. btwn 80th and 81st st. Nice southern vibe, friendly and hot staff(or at least my waitress was, straight Varsity Blues cheerleader status), but anyway, really good food with healthy portions and if you dare, order the "trash can punch". A 2 and a half gallon Jar concoction of whatever liquor you want in it made to serve 4.

Banh Mi 369 Broome st. btwn Elizabeth and Mulberry. Excellent Vietnamese sandwhiches and cheap too.

Joe's Pizza in Park Slope on 483 5th ave. btwn 11th and 12th st. Damn good pizza, spicy chicken is to die for.

Panchitos on 105 Macdougal btwn Bleecker and Minetta lane. Slightly more expensive than the rest. Good atmosphere and sangria with decent Mexican food.

Guest mattes
To get back to the thesis question of this thread, Mexican is hard man. All my favorite spots fell off, or are just gone. There are a few decent Margaritas out there, you just gotta hunt them down. I like the frozen jams at Sweet and Vicious, they have a machine that really hooks them up and you get the elixer in a nice mason jar, thats big enough even for me.

anyone with some hot mexi ideas? the only real joints i know to go to now are on 6th ave in Bk. hmmm... life.

EDIT: there is a place that is TOO ill on hudson and 10th st. right off the corner, everything there is good, but i forget the name, anyone know what im talkin about? kinda expensive, small blue interior, i have to say, it was really good, and really ill. Great drinks and food, damn, now i want to go there...

It call "Cow Girl" love it too go often there.

chipotle isn't mexican.

Brother Jimmys on 428 Amsterdam Ave. btwn 80th and 81st st. Nice southern vibe, friendly and hot staff(or at least my waitress was, straight Varsity Blues cheerleader status), but anyway, really good food with healthy portions and if you dare, order the "trash can punch". A 2 and a half gallon Jar concoction of whatever liquor you want in it made to serve 4.

i've been to brother jimmy's a few times, but the crowd is way too frat dude. the food was on top of things and i still have the alligator from the punch hanging from the light in my kitchen.

Cheese Steak Factory on E. Houston btwn Orchard and Ludlow has the best cheese steaks in Manhattan.

YO I always get these when im super drunk on sat night's! Brad's right on this one best cheese steaks!

I like Bereket..for donor kebabs. Its on Houston and 1st...

also Mamouns Falafel house on Macdougal and Bleeker...its a shitty hole in the wall

both places are less then 7 bucks probably with a drink

As for more expensive stuff..I like this authentic homecooked Italian place called Spigolo on UES..

Its on 2nd and 80th or some crap...dont remember exact location

Johns Pizza on Bleecker

and

Shake Shack on Madison and 23rd??

dont know too much about mexican food though..

It call "Cow Girl" love it too go often there.

yeah really good bar food...cajun fried shrimp is awesome....

i love bereket on houston and orchard....great lentil soup, baklava and decent lamb sandwich

katzs for big hefty pastrami sandwiches and knishes

BLT burgers on 6th and 11th street

Odessa Diner for assorted polish fare i.e. kielbasa and pierogies and potato pancakes, blintzes

New green bo in chinatown for soup dumplings and pork sandwiches

Chinatown ice cream across the street

Chatham Square Diner for pork buns and other assorted dim sum to go type goods

Nonya for roti and malaysian food...also oyster omelets

chipotle isn't mexican.

yea but its still pretty fucking good..Ive gone from burittos to buritto bowls and now crunchy tacos...

usually get a mix of the chiken and steak

fuck barbacoa that shits gotten old..I used to be in DC and thats the best food there was there...

El Sombrero "The Hat" on 108 Stanton and Ludlow st. Non-stop chips and salsa, healthy portions of spanish food and good margaritas.

Ess-a-Bagel on 21st and 1st ave. Fucking huge deeeeelicious bagels and if you put some meat in between they are fantastic sandwhiches.

Clinton Restaurant on 293 E. Houston and Clinton st. Tasty moderately priced spanish food, love thier cuban sanwhiches and platanos.

And this kart stand on Broadway btwn Prince and Spring outside of H&M/David Z. $4.00 for a chicken on rice with hot sauce and white sauce. They give you mad rice and chicken, so worth it.

And this kart stand on Broadway btwn Prince and Spring outside of H&M/David Z. $4.00 for a chicken on rice with hot sauce and white sauce. They give you mad rice and chicken, so worth it.

haha, just went to that one today :P And Ess-A-Bagel definitely makes my favorite bagles in the city. Used to go there all the time in middle school 'cause it was just 'round the corner.

They always gave way too much cream cheese though lol