roofing for a summer job

grady

my dads friend does a roofing business just as a thing to keep him busy, he already made his fortune at an early age..

i heard roofing is good money but hard work and my dad offered to hook me up with a job for him

i dont really care if a jobs hard, i dont mind busting my ass.. anyone know what i can expect to pull in for money?

any other job suggestions for good money over the summer, let me know. thanks

grady

meet some swap meet retailer that sells incense sticks scented soaps and holistic items then walk house to house asking middle aged woman to try your products offer free massages rub their necks etc then they'll seduce you then blackmail them and make them buy your products

Without any experience you can probably expect about $10/hour. That's just an estimate though; I wouldn't be surprised if you were offered $8-9/hour. However, since it's your dad's friend you might be treated a little better. If that's the case make sure you bust your ass for the guy.

I haven't held a lot of jobs, but I know concrete work is ok. I would make sure you're doing flatwork though, like driveways, sidewalks, floors, etc. because doing walls with heavy forms is shit work. You'd probably make about $10/hour for concrete work. I always recommend construction or maintenance for those looking to make money over the summer because it's always easy to find work and they pay better than most office/service jobs. The trade-off is that you're probably going to work your butt off. Also be aware that many construction jobs are weather dependent so that if it's raining you're not working. This can be a blessing, but you're also losing money that way.

I work at an ironworks where we make railings, gates, fences and other stuff out of steel and aluminum. I don't do much fabrication, mostly cutting, forming, installation and random tasks. I get paid about $11/hour with a little bit of experience. Good luck.

Without any experience you can probably expect about $10/hour. That's just an estimate though; I wouldn't be surprised if you were offered $8-9/hour. However, since it's your dad's friend you might be treated a little better. If that's the case make sure you bust your ass for the guy.

I haven't held a lot of jobs, but I know concrete work is ok. I would make sure you're doing flatwork though, like driveways, sidewalks, floors, etc. because doing walls with heavy forms is shit work. You'd probably make about $10/hour for concrete work. I always recommend construction or maintenance for those looking to make money over the summer because it's always easy to find work and they pay better than most office/service jobs. The trade-off is that you're probably going to work your butt off. Also be aware that many construction jobs are weather dependent so that if it's raining you're not working. This can be a blessing, but you're also losing money that way.

I work at an ironworks where we make railings, gates, fences and other stuff out of steel and aluminum. I don't do much fabrication, mostly cutting, forming, installation and random tasks. I get paid about $11/hour with a little bit of experience. Good luck.MMMWOOORDS

BOOYAH

hey travis thanks i was just curious but yeah i'm just looking to make some money and hard work ain't nothin but more fun. i cant complain about an active summer. thanks a bunch

Roofing sucks ass. I've done it during the middle of summer and it was only good for motivation to go to college. Fuck that manual labor shit.

Jayrock speaks the truth. My dad owns his own roofing company and I used to do it every summer in the Bronx before I moved away. Keep in mind that roofing isn't the only thing most roofing companies actually do; many also do concrete jobs like sidewalks and driveways, masonry building walls and steps, carpentry and decks, as well as shape and hang gutters. The work is very tough and you are going to sweat so much, get unbelievable sunburns and excruciating splinters, and will be exausted by the time you finish the day at 4. Pay was pretty good at a hundred bucks a day, but I did get yelled at a lot and I got good at mixing concrete and maneuvering wheelbarrows. But with all of this bad stuff, I think it's a great summer job. It beats working at a bank or being treated like crap at Starbucks. Plus, most of the roofing jobs are under-the-table, so you won't have to worry about any taxes.

Guest Airjamie

It really depends on where you live. If the summers get anywhere about 70 degrees, roofing is fucking hellish. Decent money, i did it in highschool and made around $500 a week. Also be sure to scout out the bars closest to the house you are roofing. Ice cold beer will save your ass on hot days. Fucking christ roofing is hot.

Roofing is killer in the summer... you'll work up a good sweat... if you decide to get the job... wear disposable clothing... the tar is impossible to get off