Work Jeans

Cali

don't think it's really to do with "premium" jeans--it's really just the quality that's associated with them. if you had a pair of the old uniqlo selvedges that would probably suffice, but basically what you're looking for is a pair of jeans that will really hold up. a cheaper pair of canes would probably be good, as would an ebay'd pair of older edition RRLs.

and since you're just going to beat them in, a secondhand pair wouldn't even be a problem, if you see it that way. ;)

I've been working in my Rescues for the past month, doing construction work. They're fine for carpentry and manual labour, but I usually avoid wearing them when I know i'll be using drywall mudd / tile grote and mortar, since I dont' want to stain them with anything.

So far they've held up well, but I havn't washed them. However, I spent the last 3 days wearing knee pads and sweating my ass off, so I'm expecting some weird creases around the knees.

Note that it's mainly dirt and dust

Maybe I should stress that my jeans upthere aren't really that faded as they might seem in that pic. Since I was working with marble most of it is really fine marble dust.

I'd post post 6 month wash pics if I weren't at work.

They turned out really nice though and I'm certain that those 3 days of work added to the overall fade.

I just posted those pics to sort of show how dirty they could get, and since the dust sort points out the area's that get the extra wear. I like to think that this is how these will turn out eventually

I basicly think that you should go for a really nice pair of jeans that's not too tight initially and just wear the hell out of them.

I keep finding myself gravitating towards a pair of Flat Head 3005 or 5005s. Similar cut to my Sam S5000 but lighter denim.

Since I am getting paid for the work I might as well put in one extra day to make the difference in cash between the sweet japanese denim I really want and the cheaper, not quite right fit I could get a deal on.

I keep finding myself gravitating towards a pair of Flat Head 3005 or 5005s. Similar cut to my Sam S5000 but lighter denim.

Since I am getting paid for the work I might as well put in one extra day to make the difference in cash between the sweet japanese denim I really want and the cheaper, not quite right fit I could get a deal on.

personally, id stick with the heavier denim just in case a stray nail comes your way but thats just my opinion.