iPhone Vs. LG Prada

how would you like to communicate?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. how would you like to communicate?

• iPhone
    • LG Prada phone
    • smoke signals

i know about 3 to 4 people who've played around with the iphone...

I work close with Apple (I don't get paid by Apple) so I might be a little partial but I'm not an Apple lover like some people. I agree with you that iphone is all flash, most of Apple products sell thanks to the design and the 'cool' factor. I also buy a lot of gadgets as soon as they come out since it's part of my job to figure them out. I don't recommend to buy the first version of anything but I can't stop anyone. So to address some of the complaints:

Battery life

- I used the phone for few hours during work, I talked maybe 45-60min (made many phone calls) and my friends played with the phone for an hour non stop. I also used it as an mp3 player for about 2 hours. Battery life was good and I think I would be able to last all day using it as a phone/mp3 player without recharging. I think phone users only can go 2 days. The battery is not removable because of the design, the phone is smaller thanks to it.

-Dialing screen

I had trouble at first as well but a friend set it up that getting to the phone was very easy. This is something every user will be able to change.

-Third party apps

I know there will be third party apps but you will have to install them at your own risk. I think this will be a standard with most of the phones soon. I think Verizon also blocks third party apps. There will be games, better than the ipod games.

-Size

I think it's big and it doesn't really fit in my jeans pocket but some people will argue that the ipod is big as well, some will say same thing about the blackberry.

-Edge

Edge sucks I agree with you, I want 3G and I think it will happen with 2.0. Since we're in NY we will miss it, some cities don't have a great 3G network so these people won't know the difference.

-2 mp camera

I don't use the camera on my phone but I think this will also be updated with 2.0

-wireless sync

I will sync with a mac so no problems there. I will not only sync with the calendar/address book there are many cool things you can do when it's connected to the mac.

I can find flaws with every phone, nothing will ever be perfect. This is the way it's designed and if someone doesn't like it they don't have to buy it. I wish the memory would be bigger since I like having at least 20 gigs on my ipod, I wish I could mess with it a lot more and change the interface. I would love to test it for few days (I'm working on it :D) but at the end it's a pretty cool gadget and I think it will sell pretty well.

The battery life on the i phone is only 5hrs while using the audio player. Give this phone a month of use and the battery life will probably be down to around 3hrs or so.

yeah maybe people will actually start paying attention and apple`s shitty products will finally come back to haunt them. The best day in my life was when I trashed my ipod and got a Cowon M3L. 35 hours battery life and backlit remote control. dope.

yeah maybe people will actually start paying attention and apple`s shitty products will finally come back to haunt them. The best day in my life was when I trashed my ipod and got a Cowon M3L. 35 hours battery life and backlit remote control. dope.

did the exact same thing, but got a cowon a2.

always been a fan of the sony ericson p990 http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip5&zone=pp&pid=10336

shit needs to get smaller though.

Guest StuckOnStupid

why the fuck is it prada branded, anyway? that shit is just so incredibly ghetto. this is gonna be the official phone of chickenheads all across america.

I recently got myself blackberry 8800, maybe I should've watied for Curve. I figured that I'd be up for upgrade around the time the 2nd generation iPhone comes out with some of the kinks removed. One thing that turned me off is the memory capacity of 8GB max. I know it is loaded with lots of new technology to justify the price - but if i am paying that much, I want it to have equal capacity to my current iPod.

perhaps not right away, (maybe after some tweaking and fiddling with the initial release) but apple will terrorize blackberry along with this stupid prada phone. also, i cant believe that chinese microsoft rip of an iphone, do you really want to be seen carrying that? even the operating system looks exactly the fuckin same. i can't believe all the apple haters, what are you guys, programmers? maybe your old ass ipod died on you, but theres a reason why everyone and their mothers own one...

but theres a reason why everyone and their mothers own one...

and unfortunately, it isn't a good reason.

not to perpetuate my apple-hating, but come on... i'm supposed to like

it because everyone else does? are you five years old?

obviously not... more people own windows than macs and i'd rather be shot multiple times in the head than have to own a microsoft product.

im simply pointing out the fact that they must've done SOMETHING right

did the exact same thing, but got a cowon a2.

always been a fan of the sony ericson p990 http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip5&zone=pp&pid=10336

shit needs to get smaller though.

next level: P1.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&zone=pp&pid=10864

• 1 month later...

i played with one for a bit on my lunch break at the cinguar store today. half or more of the employees there had upgraded to it already or so it seemed. everything about it was pretty quick which is a plus (menu navigation, switching between phone/mail/web/ipod, etc.) but overall it seemed pretty underwhelming, especially considering the price. the only thing i can complain about is the web browser (opera.) all internet content was pretty slow to load (YMMV), and the display is really tiny; only good for text IMO. there's really no point in spending this much unless you don't own an ipod nor an internet-ready phone.