Official SuFu Transformers Thread!

Ok, many of us here are old enough to remember playing with the original Transformers toys.

I can say without a doubt that the cartoon and the toys changed my life.

I would pretend I was a transformer and make the transforming sound.

My parents wouldn't buy me transformers so I made transformers out of paper, to the amazement of my kindergarten teacher. My mom still has a note from the teacher saying, "Your son is actually making transformers out of construction paper and distributing them to the other children."

I loved transformers with all my heart. Until i discovered guns.

but i still love them.

let's discuss the cartoon, the toys, the old movie and the upcoming new movie here.

we can also discuss transformer wannabees like gobots, etc.

theeye.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm concerned that the focus of the film is going to be entirely on the human reaction to the transformers as opposed to the battle and the interaction of the bots themselves.

also, beast wars was fucking siiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Yo transformers kicked ass I had so many of them. such a cool toy and pretty much indestructable I remember throwing those things around all the time and them being alright. Dinobots were my favs. And nobody could top optimus prime.

Im actually kinda psyched on the movie thats coming out hope it doesn't turn out like shit though, be kind of a waste for future generations that have suck ass toys and never played with anything worth while.

Hehe, I still lived back in Russia when Transformers were the cool thing, and I remember the actual US toys being crazy expensive, so my parents eventually bought me a fake one that didn't even closely resemble anything in the series... still tons of fun, but everytime we went to the toy store I was eyeing the real ones. :( Oh and I used to build them of lego's... or well, fake lego's. Cause you know... the real thing was too expensive in Russia. And yeah, built them out of paper too... and loved drawing them.

To be fair, I didn't even see the whole series, maybe 6 episodes tops and still I was soooo fascinated by it.

(Although I loved TMNT much more, but Transformers were right behind.)

Transformers Movie

(GM Financed) Autobots:

Optimus (Semi)

504252404_99eeb988f3.jpg

Bumblebee (08' Chevy Camaro)

504252410_9b6765c37b.jpg

Jazz (Pontiac Solstice GTX)

504252414_508752677e.jpg

Ironhide (GMC Topkick)

504252420_797cbfbf40.jpg

*unpictured*

Ratchet (Hummer H2)

Decepticons:

Megatron (Stealth Bomber (?))

504252426_eec4abb5d4.jpg

Starscream (F-22 Raptor)

504252440_9986ff353b.jpg

Blackout (MH-53 Pave Low)

504287727_63dbedc72a.jpg

Frenzy (Portable Stereo)

504287731_24ddd94168.jpg

*unpictured*

Brawl (M1 Abrams)

Barricade (08' Ford Mustang)

Bonecrusher (Mine-Protected Vehicle)

Scorpinok (Scorpion Beast Form)

I was hoping this thread would be about what you'd transform in to if you were a transformer.

p.s. Beast wars was awesome.

Man, I hated Beast Wars. Turning into an animal or an insect is gay compared to turning into a car, an airplane, a tank or even a stereo. And I thought the character design was corny too. Fuck Beast Wars.

Okay, so on to the effect that Transformers had on my life .. I wasn't obsessed with it as much as our friend Miz, my parents bought me a couple of the action figures and I got my cousin's hand me downs so I had a good amount of the original ones.

And when the mini ones came out, about the size of a GI Joe, I had a couple of those too. The Optimus Prime one was sick .. came with a huge truck that turned into a base.

My favorites were Jazz, and Bumblebee. Rodimus Prime was ill too. I had this one action figure of a grey and black dude that transforms into a hovercraft type thing .. anyone know who that is? Shiit .. I gotta figure out who that is, he was one of my favs too ..

I still have the original animated movie recorded off TV on VHS format somewhere in my place. I'm looking forward to this movie, hopefully they do a good job. I'd hate to see the glory of one of my favorite childhood pasttimes shattered in a matter of hours.

you know what, my parents got me one transformer, but they gave me the one that matters. megatron.

that dude would turn into a walther p38, it had a silencer, a scope and a attachment to turn it into a rifle.

awesome.

the ones i would make with construction paper would transform just like the genuine article. plus i would copy the packaging artwork with a shoebox.

didn't make any money with them. i was in kindergarten, so i wasn't thinking about money. i guess i was hoping to make some friends.

the movie looks like a big advertisement for GM. i'm watching "who killed the electric car?" and well, GM is on my shit list right now.

i'm watching "who killed the electric car?" and well, GM is on my shit list right now.

Where are you watching this at? Has it been aired on TV on any channels?

I wanted to see it last summer when it was being played at the Angelika, but never got around to it.

yeeah the original cartoon movie was fucking awesome.i remember watching it when i was a kid, crying when optimus died. the soundtrack was amazing too...i dont know who the hell stan bush is, but those songs were fantastic, esp with the rodimus prime scene.

Weren't there teams of transformers that when you put all five robots together they assembled a larger robot, (and no im not thinking of voltron). Or am i just totally thinking about something else all together from my messed up childhood.

yeeah the original cartoon movie was fucking awesome.i remember watching it when i was a kid, crying when optimus died. the soundtrack was amazing too...i dont know who the hell stan bush is, but those songs were fantastic, esp with the rodimus prime scene.

stan bush was the guy who did the soundtracks for some of the rocky movies. he's a legend and a cheezy 80s music hero. check him out on the rocky soundtrack greatest hits cd.

Weren't there teams of transformers that when you put all five robots together they assembled a larger robot, (and no im not thinking of voltron). Or am i just totally thinking about something else all together from my messed up childhood.

no, you are right, rome. the dinobots could form one big giant robot. also, constructocons (remember, they were like bulldozers and shit). and i think a couple more....

come to think of it, the power rangers could also do this..

stan bush was the guy who did the soundtracks for some of the rocky movies. he's a legend and a cheezy 80s music hero. check him out on the rocky soundtrack greatest hits cd.quote]

thanks for the brief history lesson....whatever it is, you've got the touch and dare are fucking fucking amazing songs.

Guest Chocodove2

Really broke my heart when Optimus dies in the old animated movie. Then they had that other dude be the leader for like 10 minutes and then he died, too. At least Rodimus was a cool leader after that.

The dinosaur ones were kinda cool when they came out. I mean, dinos and robots. What more could a kid want?

Slightly off-topic, but what was the knock-off Transformers? Go-bots?

i dont think the dinobots could actually form a bigger bot, but the others could. Post TF the movie, they had a whole slew of characters who could form bigger bots made from the tech Unicron's "floating moon" head.

I really hope the upcoming movie will do justice to the original cartoon version, but somehow based on the few clips I've seen, I'm prepared to be disappointed.