Official SuFu Transformers Thread!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can recall, there were 2 different groups of transformers that could combine to form one giant robot, after Devastator. One was the Decepticons that were cars, I think they were called autocons, and the other was the group of autobots that were planes.

I loved the tranformers. I remember getting the first comic book published by marvel. It was such an awesome feeling. My parents couldn't afford the real shit, so they got me the bootlegs which were basically made at the same factory, with out the branding on the packaging.

As much as I hate Michael Bay, I think the movie is worth a look.

Miz, I used to draw them in elementary school and sold the drawings for a few bucks a pop.

when i was a kid, i collected all sorts of junk, motors and scrap metal and attempted to create a sentient robot. my severe lack of knowledge of electrical engineering and artificial intelligence programming just made a retarded piece of junk that wouldn't do anything special.

later, when i was like 9, i tried to write my own computer game. only problem was that i didn't have a computer, so i wrote out the code by hand and processed it in my mind. the game was a text-based adventure game based on the cop movies, stakeout, shakedown and beverly hills cop.

later, after my pops got me my first 286, i programmed a game complete with music (the soundtrack was a cover of a bo diddley hit) and flashing graphics. however, this was before i learned subroutine based programming so every action was meticulously programmed out separately, making the code tens of thousands of lines long. it wasn't until college that i found out that there was an easier way.

and now, i am a soulless programmer for an huge multi-national financial corporation.

later, when i was like 9, i tried to write my own computer game. only problem was that i didn't have a computer, so i wrote out the code by hand and processed it in my mind. the game was a text-based adventure game based on the cop movies, stakeout, shakedown and beverly hills cop.

quote]

holy shit, this is exactly what I did too! i wrote it all down in a book though. so it became more like a dungeons and dragons kinda concept but with a american ninja/ delta force/ beverly hills cop tinge to it.

I was more into GI Joe....but the Decepticons were dope!! i still ahve Grimlock......

now G-Force, that was a cartoon. I used to be able to make the fiery phoenix out of paper..........

yeah...GI joe was awesome too...bought the season one cartoons on dvd cause it was so damn nostalgic. i had alot of the figurines....I hated how they were their upper torso was attached to the lower torso and legs by just a flimsy rubberband though. i had alot of em break.

the new trailer has me pumped. this will be the only micheal bay movie i ever sit through willingly. i heard a few years ago that the neptunes were doing the soundtrack but the music seemed weak in the trailer so i dont know if that went down.

who can help me name all 5 of soundwaves tapes?

i think there was laserbeak and rumble, but i dont know the other 3.

edit: shockwave might have been one of em.

i dunno... i'm super skeptical about the movie but i'm going to watch it anyway

everything after g1 doesn't count.

g1 toys are the bomb. i feel sorry for these kids collecting bear bricks and shit.

megatron.

soundwave.

devastator / constructicons.

dope.

Guest itsmeJT

hmm i love transformers i used to watch

super god masterforce and the films which i have all on vhs somewhere...

Dread_dark.jpg

Dreadwind and Darkwing

Powermaster_jets.jpg

these guys were literally the best characters ever

AUTOBOTS DIeeEEeEeEeEeEeEEeEeE!!!!!!!!!!

busterhydraxh2.jpg

Look guys, my jeans aren't really worth posting about, and most of you have much nicer boots than I could hope to buy at this point, but I feel it's my duty to come out and say that a movie involving a bitchin' robot backflipping and then transforming into a jetplane deserves my wholehearted attention.

• 1 month later...
Movie looks ridiculous but I have to watch it

it was! totally over the top, but worth watching. brought me back to the good ol days, sort of. i really liked that there was a lot of live action stunts not just cg crap.

nostalgic moment: wish i could go back in time to when sitting on the floor having botwars for hours was enough. :)

Quality, sat there with my mouth hanging open while the thought of " god they made it look sooooo real kept going through my mind."

TRUE...for the longest time i was thinking, no fucking way its gonna look any good when they transform, but its soooo fucking believable...particularly love barricade jumping into mustang form whilst running....wow

0kZHybANP4k

Word to Megan Fox....

Megan_Fox_Transformers_Press_Confer.jpg

All these other whack shows such as Zoids are lame.

Overall outcome of the movie: I personally thought it lived up to the hype. The special effects were dope, and the robots transofrming too. I was a bit dissapointed that there was no sex scene with Megan Fox lol, and also some of the cheesy lines people said. Overall it was a great movie, def. worth buying on DVD..

watched transformers the day it came out in australia after school finished (one of the first steez). had my mind blown everywhere, left the cinema with a ringing metallic crashing sound in my head and all i could say for the rest of the day were variations of 'JAZZ!' and "TRANSFORMERS!"