HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

they call themselves "cinema-grind."

I quite liked them, but that is quite off putting.

Went to see Recon/xLiferuinerx last night - quite enjoyed Recon live if I'm honest in a totally thick-necked meathead kinda way despite their records being a long way short of stellar.

Don't think anyone watched xLiferuinerx - I've not heard them but I get the impression they are quite the hated band? Sounded pretty shitty from outside too.

last week i ran a party, and some girl put johnny oc on her guestlist

my little brother wrote ''shithead'' in thick magic marker next to his name

he never showed, too busy fucking 13 year olds, but some guy walked by and looked at it and got all hurt and started beefing on my bro

also, he sent nudes to some 17 year old girl i know

what a dickhead

I quite liked them, but that is quite off putting.

Went to see Recon/xLiferuinerx last night - quite enjoyed Recon live if I'm honest in a totally thick-necked meathead kinda way despite their records being a long way short of stellar.

Don't think anyone watched xLiferuinerx - I've not heard them but I get the impression they are quite the hated band? Sounded pretty shitty from outside too.

^ xLiferuinerx are the epitome of jock-core, and their music is shit, thats about all there is to say about them really.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

YESSSSS!!!! BRO'IN IT UP!

my question first is.. are you asian? my answer depends on your answer.

my question is.. are you asian? my answer depends on your answer.

..but seriously guys.. i hope you guys are actually KIDDING about xliferuinerx.. my friend just told me they were playing in san jose and people were ragging on the singer and throwing shit at him, and he straight up quit the band right there and went to the airport.

ALMOST as legit as mike hood, the only original member of hoods.. being in jail and STILL having hoods play without him. it just proves.. HOODS IS A HARDCORE INSTITUTION BLAH BLAH. its tough, get with it pussies.

yo i'm in love with ruiner but i wish they had better lyrics. i'm just waiting for them to release another album with sludgier chords and sick lyrics. blacklisted is good too. not so much a fan of have heart but man, ceremony gets me every fucking time.. everyone loses their soul to ceremony.

cosign on the blacklisted part. they're decent, i just don't get the hype.

and most people generally only like ruiner for the lyrics. i really don't like the music that much, its just like any other melodic hardcore, but kind of more disorganized.. all the people i know that worship them mainly like them for the lyrics, but i dont know.

All of them put on an amazing show, blacklisted was insane with getting the room going crazy, and the lead singer from ceremony is definitely out of his mind. it was the first time I've seen them tonight and that was definitely an experience. can't wait for ruiner to play again even though it seems like they play twice a day around here. their shows are always a lot of fun

uhh yeah...about that band Ruiner... ehhhhhh heheheh hhehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

So I went on their myspace to see what people are talking about, more so interested in the argument of what makes for "good lyrics"...jeez. I sorta agree with Nicotine as far as writing quality is concerned for that band...read a few decent lines, but there's way too much "fucking (this)...fucking (that)" and "I'm broken" super-cliche wah wah wah shit going on. I loved a good portion of the 90's real "screamo" shit...but this takes the cake for typical (bro) bitchiness.

Speaking of which, sound-wise, they basically sound like Bridge 9's attempt to release something more mid-90's Gravity'esque...but just on BRIDGE 9 (as in sounding like a Bridge 9 band...that should tell you exactly what I mean, bro).

That ALL being said, a less than zany use of the words "broken" and "hollow" should result in an instant stoning for any band attempting such pseudo-emotional "I hate you because you made me hate myself" songs. Let's face it, "melodic" is a less gay way of saying "emotional" in hardcore.

I saw blacklisted, ruiner, have heart and ceremony tonight. shit was too fun. first time seeing have heart in a while

haha i was there too, dude from have heart was rocking pbjs, and i asked him about sufu and he loves it but doesnt post. it was a pretty alright show, tons of stagediving and singing along, and yeah, blacklisted was the only bad part of the show, blah, what the fuck is up with the lame ass southern style singing? fuck that dumb shit.

and on ruiner, when most hardcore bands are full oh dumb bullshit lyrics about "staying true" or "keeping it posi" its alright to have a band that plays pretty fuckin fast and just has good honest lyrics, robs a decent dude, and theyre are a good band. no match for ceremony though haha, hands down best current hardcore band, fuckin ross "their lead singer" looks just like morrisey

Clean vocals are where its at. Hardcore needs less fags screaming and more hard dudes repping vocals like Life of Agony and Biohazard.

I dunno about that neither...I'm just saying...a lot of the shit just sounds overly put together/contrived...whether you're a "stay true/unity pride" kinda neckmonster or a "I'm broken inside/look at my raven ink" sorta babybro. Word to the crusties on myspace.

Wait...wait...Biohazard? Clockwork...where you at? Regulate!!!!!

haha i was there too, dude from have heart was rocking pbjs, and i asked him about sufu and he loves it but doesnt post. it was a pretty alright show, tons of stagediving and singing along, and yeah, blacklisted was the only bad part of the show, blah, what the fuck is up with the lame ass southern style singing? fuck that dumb shit.

and on ruiner, when most hardcore bands are full oh dumb bullshit lyrics about "staying true" or "keeping it posi" its alright to have a band that plays pretty fuckin fast and just has good honest lyrics, robs a decent dude, and theyre are a good band. no match for ceremony though haha, hands down best current hardcore band, fuckin ross "their lead singer" looks just like morrisey

were you there at the beginning when let down was on? they were kinda terrible. at the beginning of each song the guy would be like "this song is about dumb fucking assholes" "this song is about assholes who piss me off" dumb shit like that, there was only maybe 30 people in there for them though.

as as for ruiner, absolutely nothing wrong with them, one of the most fun bads I've ever seen. can't wait to see them at artspace next month

and the guys who were helping set up for ruiner, one guy had on some skulls and another had on apcs

are you fucking kidding? blacklisted was the only bad part of the show? southern style singing? blacklisted is hands down one of the top bands right now. and that "lame ass southern style singing" a lot of bands do, listen to life of agony and get twisted... I can't believe some of you kids.

blacklisteds my favorite band next to rise and fall. just because you can't mosh to them like you mosh to ceremony, doesn't mean they're bad.