HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

been listening to DYS a lot yesterday. got my bf into liking crumbsuckers

It's weird...or maybe not since I'm from NYC...but I never really got into much Boston shit...other than some Gang Green and SSD. Make me a mixtape and pack it inside a handmade beanie or fingerless gloves...yeah!!!!

man, sucks i'm missing (missed?) the indecision reunion. don't like much nyhc but theyre one of the first hardcore bands I got into (when artie was in the band though, not the earlier stuff).

also missed trial. i was very close to ditching work and driving up to seattle on a complete whim to see those shows.

Wow...after having delved a bit more into the catalog...Milhouse gets my approval. The Modern Problems... album is pretty fuckin' GREAT. Basically feels like they started where some of the great Ebuillition/Gravity'esque bands and Born Against left off... dissonance, batshit yelling/screaming, spastic drum work, PC'ish lyrics said in a non-sissy fashion...hahaha yay.

Survey for all of you 90's people...and it's dumb...Unbroken vs. Undertow? Heavy heavy mid-90's mid-tempo metallic floorbreaking (perhaps even "mosh focused") emotional hardcore...maybe add Disembodied to that battle (though I'm a little less familiar with them).

At this point, I'd say Unbroken. Not as thick-necked in sound/writing and the straight-edge smell they carry doesn't become stench (in a lyrical sense). Actually, the writing is big reason why I'd choose them over the other...just a bit more literary edge to it...am I reading the wrong inserts?

Darkeside...put me onto some more Disembodied!

Seriously...I made a thread dedicated to Fastcore/PV bands...damn near anything MITB or SLap-A-Ham related gets love...especially Neanderthal and PHC. THAT'S my shit.

Never really got into Neglect...though that's not to say I won't dig 'em when given the chance.

And Dark...you are a funny dude...that's pretty frickin' on point about all of the above...but yea, my ears have opened up a bit in regard to the metallic midtempo 90's shit.

Though I can't say I'm into Converge...or much Deathwish Inc. type stuff...or ever will be...the Disembodied material I've heard doesnt' come off the same way as the aforementioned...I don't know.

And you will see me and Rod Stewart form our own family of happy little antelope calfs if you ever hear me say something like "yo i love that comp with all of the posi bro unity sxe mosh bands who are recorded really clearly and with all of the awesome breakdowns and singalongs"...wow.

I'm a fucking snob.

If it's the OG on Off The Disk you get props over here. Sold my OTD Slave a while ago, only have the re-issue on Deep Six now (colored vinyl though).

Stuff I've been feeling lately (and pretty much always):

Doom - Fuck Peaceville

Nausea - Extinction

Swiz - Hell Yes I Cheated

:mad:DAMN YOU...THIS WON'T BE THE LAST TIME YOU HEAR FROM ME!!!!!!!!

(does the marble tie-dye INFEST Slave 12" count for anything?)

i've been listening to lots of 80's hardcore/dbeat lately! the more blown out and noisy, the better. anti cimex, mellakka, kaaos, discard, CONFUSE, etc. www.7inchpunk.com has a shitload of rare 7"s up for download, really cool site. You can even sort the uploads by country of origin.

I've also been feeling myself being drawn back into 90's metallic hardcore. my love for the entire the swarm discography is very great, and i've spun the burn it down/racetraitor split a couple times this week.

i don't like a lot of first wave PV bands anymore for some reason. the only ones with real staying power (for me) have been neanderthal and NO COMMENT.

I've also been feeling myself being drawn back into 90's metallic hardcore. my love for the entire the swarm discography is very great, and i've spun the burn it down/racetraitor split a couple times this week.

The Swarm are awesome, Cursed really can't hold a candle to them or Left For Dead.

Racetraitor are breathtaking - their album is one of the best metalcore releases ever imo. The split with Burn it Down is good too but not as good as "burn the idol of the white messiah". The fact everyone got in a shit fit over them being called RaceTraitor is an added bonus.