HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

It depends what you are after, aversion is pretty good especially for the more Holy Terror side of things

http://x43x.blogspot.com is good for classic metalcore - Disembodied thing, which I currently can't get enough of, same sort of thing at http://coregasm.blogspot.com/ but there are loads once you start looking - Most of them have a good selection of links down the side to have a wander through and find records that may take your fancy.

As mentioned above, http://doublecrosswebzine.blogspot.com/ is pretty good as an 80's/early 90's hardcore nostalgia site.

Is the above H8000 stuff considered metalcore? I mean if someone considers Rorschach metalcore...

ahaha you are an awkward bugger aren't you! ;)

For reference:

I'd have called Rorschach metallic hardcore

and

a band like Arkangel/Liar/H8000 bands or early Unearth = Metalcore

The difference in my mind being that metallic hardcore is hardcore kids playing metal, where as metalcore is more metal kids playing music with a more hardcore agenda be it Straight Edge, Animal Liberation or whatever.

ahaha you are an awkward bugger aren't you! ;)

For reference:

I'd have called Rorschach metallic hardcore

and

a band like Arkangel/Liar/H8000 bands or early Unearth = Metalcore

The difference in my mind being that metallic hardcore is hardcore kids playing metal, where as metalcore is more metal kids playing music with a more hardcore agenda be it Straight Edge, Animal Liberation or whatever.

Well said mate! HOnestly though, no, I would not call Rorschach metalcore...I would def. say (in agreement with you) hardcore punk with a metallic tinge to it...I find the whole "powerviolence" label more applicable to them than metalcore.

That Euro stuff is pretty good shit though...much better than practically any of the US metalcore shit I've heard...at least what I can recall right now (not really my thing).

Furthermore, I'd go to call Rorschach "the best thing since graham crackers"...thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

i remember the undertow/struggle split 7" on bloodlink

that was one of my first 7"s (that and Sawhorse on Ebullition)

bought from the little Spaceboy stand (RIP) inside Zipperhead (RIP)

i think i have a (maybe false) memory of seeing unbroken

all wearing black t's and jeans

the guitar player climbed on his stack and kicked it out from under him so that it fell flat and he landed on his back on top of it

Speaking of heavy...I've been playing the shit out of the LifesBlood/Life's Blood/Lifes Blood Defiance EP. Can't wait for the reissue on Prank.

After going through some of the older NYHC again in my catalog...as well as getting some things semi-lately that I missed first time around...LB sticks out like a sore thumb. Stuff is brutal...love the recording style of it...the guitars are dirty and violent with distortion...but yet they still have body (great pre-cursor to the behemoth sound that Born Against had).

YOUTH EN-RAGE!!!

Info on those reissues please?

Shit, you and I both...when Prank is deciding to re-release that FORREAL...I have no idea. THey've got me waiting eagerly for that AND the real deal CXA discography (including the demo and some other crud). Both of these reissues have been confirmed in recent months by both Jason O'Toole and Daryl Kahan.

At this point, Prank holds the cure.