HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

Damn, didn't even notice this thread existed. :(

Anyone going to the Trash Talk/Cold World/Iron Age show in NYC on July 12? Should be rad. Between that, and Municipal Waste (yea not hardcore) on the Thursday before I'll be surprised if I can walk on Monday.

going to see that tour in PGH.

modern hardcore doesn't suck. it might pale in comparison to the intensity and ideals of the early punk rock scene, but the music is awesome and there is still a good message. too many kids who don't know what it's about water it down too much and make it seem like it sucks to anyone who's on the outside looking in.

I was going to say the same thing as Darkeside...I agree with homeboy's love for those bands who were pioneers and the love for when it was "pure"...but it makes me wonder if people who think like that are much older than most of us (say in their mid-30's, at the least) and actually were around for the beginnings of the subculture. Or is silence_kid just a youngin who just got put on to the ROIR tape or "Out Of Step" (doubt it, but it can also be the case...before they delve deeper into it).

I have a similar, albeit less closed, outlook as far as hardcore bands beyond the mid-90's...but when you dig and find those modern day gems, and hear the old school influences plus the blending of newer styles (and even other genres) with their own model for hardcore, it makes you realize that there's more out there (than just the old DC or Socal sound, in this case).

New'ish band I'd like to nominate is Defcon4. My boy has played with them a few times. They are pretty fuckin' intense...dude sounds like a banshee/gargoyle Sam McPheeters and you can def. hear the Black Flag and Born Against influence...yet they do their own thing with it. I also love the fact that they aren't recorded quite as clean as too many bands these days.

IRON BOOTS LAST SHOW

GET REAL IS PLAYING

DOWN TO NOTHING IS PLAYING

RICHMOND VA UR MOSHIN

i want to go so bad

show was awesome, but it was hot as shit in the venue (warehouse)

da marsh ripped a big power line off a column/pillar thing and a huge 2 foot blue spark shot through the air... had to hook up the pa and stuff to a new outlet

Apparently Trash Talk are doing a proper UK tour (as opposed to the 4 random dates this month) in August. Woo.

i dont understand how it is that trash talk can tour the fucking WORLD, but it's impossible for them to drive a couple hours into canada. we have the stupidest fucking border crossing system in the world. gay.

but hopefully, if all goes as planned, im seeing them in new york in july... crossing my fingers

we've got quite a few of the current hype bands through this summer - just had Bitter End, who gave a good performance, along with Meltdown who went over pretty bad.

I think next week we have Trash Talk and then a few weeks after Trapped Under Ice with Lion of Judah. I've been enjoying these shows more than I have for a long while. A lot of the younger kids seem really siked on it all, are going off hard and its making for some fun times. (and at the risk of incurring heBay's wrath, Trapped under Ice have some heavy breaks!)

Plus a date for The Adolescents reunion tour which I'll be checking out, although dubious of it all.

Recap of last night.

It was supposed to be Have Heart/Verse/some other bands I dont give a shit about/Local Ragers Right Idea. Verse's van broke down and they were the band I really wanted to see, so I was pretty dissapointed.

Have Heart decided to hang out with Verse at their broke down van in Michigan because it apparently takes a fuckton of people in cutoff shorts and band tshirts to lament a broke down van. Due to this hanging out, Have Heart was approx. 5 hours late showing up. This allowed for a terrific pizza intermission.

After pizza and more waiting, it turns out Wasteland from Mass. is playing before Have Heart, so they play three long songs and no one cares after the first intro.

Have Heart then goes on and its fucking hot and that dude is talking about hardcore is great and straight edge is great... no shit motherfucker, we wouldnt be here if we did not like hardcore at least a little bit. Kids go kind of nuts, but mostly just stagediving and singalongs. They were alright I guess, but the new songs kind of suck.

Proceed to 434234 kids getting fucking stoked on buying Have Heart crewnecks.

OHIO, PA, MICHIGAN, + ANYONE ELSE:

SUMMER OF HATE ON SATURDAY AT PEABODY'S!

BE THERE!

:mad:

we had Trash Talk and Mongoloids last night, the place were bonkers. Silly amounts of mosh, dives and everything.

I know its not everyones idea of good hardcore, but it was a cracking show.

Darkeside...you're a funny dude! I know you are thinking of me everytime you say/type/think something like that ahahaha.

I dont understand how anyone could not like Trash Talk. That band is amazing every single time time I see them.

True I'm not a fan of Trash Talk...but I said the same thing when Darkeside said he didn't feel Absolution!

^ Endpoint:

EYtzXT_cOuY

Mouthpiece:

Xosqn1FqmCE

I ran into the bassist from Policy of Three over the weekend. I kinda nerded out. I mentioned having recently watched Po3 videos on youtube and the like. I had interviewed him for a zine I used to do back in the day. Kinda weird to see him in this post-hardcore life.

RAMBO were pretty cool, reasonable politics and not too down your throat with it all as I remember.

Trapped Under Ice/Lion of Judah/Dirty Money/Ironclad locally tomorrow. Pretty hyped for it after TrashTalk last week. Its been a long time since I enjoyed a hardcore show, but this summer has been great so far.