Vancouver Meetup

Tiranis

• 2 weeks later...

Oh and has anyone seen the sheer amount of police in the downtown core? I was walked by GM Place this morning and there must have been at least 40 cops on foot (all from out of province). Also, all the security cameras are up and running (and have been since Monday). Big Brother in full effect.

They expect 10,000 people to be walking through Yaletown and 30,000 through Granville every hour. Just imagine what Georgia & Beatty looks like after a Canucks game and that's pretty much what it's going to be like every single hour of the day.

I'd trade in-n-out for veras in a heartbeat tho just imo tho

I am staying a 5 min walk from one chain of Veras. I never ended up fucking with that shit. You should really appreciate Stepho's Roast Lamb platter though... went 3 times. Fucked with Fritz Fryhouse too many times; I'm sure I got fat off that shit. If I opened both of those in the Hollywood club district, I would make A LOT of money.

I can't wait. Seriously. 2 weeks of unreal parties, foreign pussy, tons of stuff to do. It's going to be a blast.

Inflated prices, lines everywhere to eat, overcrowded. Tons of foreign pussy though, so I'd put up with that shit too.

They expect 10,000 people to be walking through Yaletown and 30,000 through Granville every hour. Just imagine what Georgia & Beatty looks like after a Canucks game and that's pretty much what it's going to be like every single hour of the day.

Haha, I passed by that area once during a Canucks game while I was on my way to Chambar. It's NOTHING compared to a Lakers game. That is a good thing though (0).

Was just watching CTV News and apparently Vancouver is the city with the least amount of drivers per capita in North America.

You guys have the best air that I've ever breathed in a city. It's really one of the most livable cities on earth... I'll miss that.

Holy shit, I literally stepped 1 meter out of LAX, took a breath, said "HOLY SHIT" out loud, and promptly ran back into the terminal building.

Man, the air up in Vancouver is seriously something else. I was totally oblivious to the fact that I'm breathing junk air all day everyday in LA.

A friend of mine, when talking about the olympic mascots, described them as "Some fuckin' chinked out shit". Jesus, the slurs are ridiculous..

Still, if Quatchi and Co. don't become part of the Pokémon kingdom, I'll be flabbergasted.

I was eating lunch with my sister and she was watching MTV Teen Cribs. They were showing this amazing house in West Van; I was feelin envious. Faces English Bay and shiz.

I have gone downtown the last two nights and was pleasantly surprised how little traffic there was and how good the spirit has been. They have done a good job of making people too scared to drive. Last night we parked 2 blocks away from the Cauldron and tonight 1 block away from Robson Square, and also within a block of David Lam Park.

My only regret is that I still haven't spotted Diamonds, no matter how hard I try.