taiwan and japan

shekki

brothels .

lol.

in taiwan, check out the night markets. shi-lin and gong-guang are definitely the best. you might be able to pick up some fake bape or armani - not sure what they peddle these days. also, you might wanna check out jay chou's streetwear store. other than that, the food at the small stands are amazing, but they might do a number on your stomach.

Guest jmatsu
going to taiwan and japan, any suggestions on where to go?

for great fashions jeansmate and don quixoite.

for some great gourmet cuisine go to yoshinoya.

for great looking girls go to sendai's kokobuncho (?).

Guest jmatsu
jmatsu, don't knock jeansmate or donki, there are some gems to be found there. especially jeansmate, although 99% of the stuff is crap.

word. that's why i made the suggestion! don stocks lv, gucci, fendi, and subware before digitalgravel.com did!! jeansmate has some great edwin!!

lol.

other than that, the food at the small stands are amazing, but they might do a number on your stomach.

Actually the small stands sell quite hygenic food. Just that Taiwanese people like to cook most of their food with sliced bamboo shoots. The taste takes a bit getting used to.

Actually the small stands sell quite hygenic food. Just that Taiwanese people like to cook most of their food with sliced bamboo shoots. The taste takes a bit getting used to.

i don't know, im with brianliu on this one

In Taiwan, check out those beatle stands with the gogo dancing girls by the highways. Also, check out that city that's a mirror replica of Shibuya. Probably, club room 18, although I've only heard...

This sounds like my last trip there when I was a complete bum. Well, aside from the whole Sendai thing - I at least paid money to go to a shitty kyabakura. 5000Â¥ to talk to university students and get all you can drink for an hour - seemed like a good deal at the time!

the beatle stands you are describing sounds like the stalls where girls sell tobacco.

Wrong. The girls sell beatle nuts which is derived from a tree that's plentiful in Taiwan. Kinda like chewing tobacco except it gives you a different kind of buzz and makes your mouth red.

Also I'm not sure what city you're talking about that looks like Shibuya, rajio. Room 18 is a bit too small but I hear they are changing locations to a bigger place. If you like clubs check out Luxy; it's huge

in Taipei, browse the neighbor/blocks behind the dept store/malls/sogo on Zhong Xiao Dong road, tons of cool shops and boutiques there, just make sure you have enough time to thoroughly explore that area because a lot of the random stores are scattered around that neighborhood on every block. and check out Ximending too, of course. go to Shilin night market, that place is poppin at night and theres good snacks.

• 2 weeks later...
in Taipei, browse the neighbor/blocks behind the dept store/malls/sogo on Zhong Xiao Dong road, tons of cool shops and boutiques there, just make sure you have enough time to thoroughly explore that area because a lot of the random stores are scattered around that neighborhood on every block. and check out Ximending too, of course. go to Shilin night market, that place is poppin at night and theres good snacks.

Yeah be sure to explore all the small stores in the backalleys between the major roads. Look out for Overkill, Scenic, and Riot Standard near the alleyways around "Movie Road" in Ximending. Those shops caught my eye- stocking some japanese street labels and also house brands.

I'd also recommend getting a city guide at a nice bookstore with all the good eats, chill places, bars, clubs and karaoke joints around Taipei. Seriously I had the best time of my life in Taipei with friends

i thought all the hot babes hung out at Sugamo.

• 6 months later...
In Taiwan, check out those beatle stands with the gogo dancing girls by the highways. Also, check out that city that's a mirror replica of Shibuya. Probably, club room 18, although I've only heard...

I heard Ageha (Japan) opened up a club in Taipei... anyone been yet? Gonna be visiting this weekend...