Supermusicians

oh not at all man. we got 10k for the album and 3k for artwork and promotional pictures and stuff like that. pretty limited budget but we got hooked up with Tim from As I Lay Dying's engineer friend so we're tracking in Tim's house for 100 bucks a day and not really shelling out that much for mixing. mastering will be pricey and drums were expensive but we got really excellent drum sounds.

Did you steal your name from the decapitated song

guitar (5 yrs)

bass (something like 10 or 12)

cello (since the third grade, with a pretty big gap in uni, planning to start up more now that i have a cello again and i'm graduating)

self taught/remedial drums

voice (working on 2 years of being a little less than paralyzed by the presence of an audience)

and badass drone flute rockouts

nice dude....that's fucking cheap as all hell for the recording. one of my bands is about to hit the studio for album number 2 in a month or so...we are doing shit ourselves at the moment, but hopefully the demos we are about to send off are recieved well by some people that we want to work with. shelling out over $10k for the last album out of our own pockets fucking killed us.

good luck with it all :)

oh not at all man. we got 10k for the album and 3k for artwork and promotional pictures and stuff like that. pretty limited budget but we got hooked up with Tim from As I Lay Dying's engineer friend so we're tracking in Tim's house for 100 bucks a day and not really shelling out that much for mixing. mastering will be pricey and drums were expensive but we got really excellent drum sounds.

It's a good song, the drummer was like 15 when they recorded that or some shit

Yeah decapitated is definitely one of my favorite metal bands. They do a ton of really interesting rhythmic stuff without sacrificing the shred. I listen to a lot of meshuggah and Mr. Bungle but I also really dig just nasty blast beats, sweeps, speed chugs, etc. Decapitated kind of has the best of both worlds going on.

Yeah decapitated is definitely one of my favorite metal bands. They do a ton of really interesting rhythmic stuff without sacrificing the shred. I listen to a lot of meshuggah and Mr. Bungle but I also really dig just nasty blast beats, sweeps, speed chugs, etc. Decapitated kind of has the best of both worlds going on.

seeing nile and decapitated in 12 days! cant wait for that shit.

nile were amazingly good last time....like seriously one of the best fucking things ive ever seen, got to open for them too :D

i listen to every genre of music and i'm really open minded and always willing to listen to new band and so on. but when it comes down to it i'm a total, complete metalhead at heart. i get "oh, you don't look like one of those metal guys!" pretty much every time i get into a conversation about music with someone.

• 1 year later...
drytherain - im an everything-head really....variety is the spice of life etc etc. obsessed with music full stop, all sorts!

YES!! everything..

I took classical piano lessons from when i was 4 until i was like 14.

Started trombone lessons in 6th grade. I just graduated high school and am incredibly serious about my trombone playing :) it is what i will be studying in college. placed in top 3 in oregon 3 years in a row.

i also play tuba and euphonium. and guitar for fun mostly...

School tuba, yamaha beginner thing.. 4 valves. sounded tubby though. i mostly played on an Amati. Thats my trombone Conn 88h-cl in rose brass.

2652396010_6f920cf5f6.jpg

I studied classical piano for about 6 years when I was younger. Cello for 2. Music theory and composition for well over a decade of my life. Then put that all aside and went through a long phase all about prepared electric guitar through super complex laptop processing.

But I put the software away and now I mostly work with found electronics and amplification techniques. More interested in the juxtapositions of sounds and silences over time than just making a wall of noise. I play percussion sometimes too. Guitar once in a while still but less and less over the past couple years.

My sig is a myspace link if anyone's curious.

• 2 weeks later...

I played (mostly Tenor) saxophone in Junior High and High School band. Then I (shudders) was in a punk ska band in the late 90's as a way to feel rock n roll instead of a band dork for all those school years. But whatever, at least I got to tour the US a bunch. It could have been worse; it could have been disco.

-Jake