Evisu's Evgenes at Urban Outfitters

So I saw this and couldn't find another thread on the subject so I figured I'd make a post. The line seems to all be pre-wash, a lower price point, and a toned down lower back pocket. p315891c.jpg

p315891f.jpg

p315897e.jpg

Personally, not a fan. But I figured I'd see how everyone else seems to feel about Evisu doing this.

Is it just me, or does the quality on them look god-awful? Maybe I'm too quick to judge a book by its cover...

Also, Evisu needs to have its like...target audience a little more well-defined. Hipsters wearing Urban Outfitters Evisus thinking they're rappers and Wannabe rappers wearing Evisus that they think are real just seems completely backwards to me.

urban outfitters has stocked evisu for years. I remember seeing pairs of the osaka repair there a long time ago.

I'm amazed how people on here can judge jeans' cut and quality from the way that one model on a website wears them and from some relatively far-away photographs. :roll:

I'm amazed how people on here can judge jeans' cut and quality from the way that one model on a website wears them and from some relatively far-away photographs. :roll:

Yeh...Just coz it says Evisu or it has the gulls doesnt mean its that bad.

Though U$250 is quite a lot, it might be perfect for the more simple-minded consumer rather than some of us extremist...

I had seen them in person before posting this and I don't think the quality is representing the brand Evisu used to be.

And based off the pictures, the cut of these jeans looks just like a pair of True Religions or Seven For All Mankind, neither of which are of any interest to me (nor to the general SuFu collective it seems). They're not going to put a model in a crappy position, they would place a person to accentuate what is 'good' about the jean they're trying to sell. Those pictures are meant to appeal to the consumer base and based off that assumption I think it'd be safe to say that's how they're going to fit most people.

• 4 weeks later...

EV started as a different type of jean to stop the usual counterfeited ones. i guess because they were a little different and harder to copy.

it actually helped in cracking down on the fake pairs but the kept the line. its supposed to be a decent jean at a good price point with an alright wash. the jeans are selling, but not as well as theyd like them too. theyre working on different types and designs of wash and hopefully in the next few seasons theyll be putting out a good, cheap, nice washed jean.

o and about the fit. ive modeled all 3 cuts of the EV line and they arent bad at all. evisu actually has amazing cuts. they may not be appealing to some people but they are definitely giving off the exact look the designer is trying to give.

CHAD POST SOME GOOD PICS OF THE FITS. I DONT HAVE ANY.

They're not going to put a model in a crappy position, they would place a person to accentuate what is 'good' about the jean they're trying to sell. Those pictures are meant to appeal to the consumer base and based off that assumption I think it'd be safe to say that's how they're going to fit most people.

this makes sense but i find that a lot of the time there is a big difference between the way jeans fit on a model in a catalog/on a website and how people choose to wear them (just look at the diors on luisaviaroma). i'm not really defending evisu because these jeans look really bad but the model for the evisu jeans (or genes) looks very skinny; i bet a person with bigger thighs and calves would fill those jeans out a lot better making the fit "better".

they definitely look like bad jeans though. i don't understand why evisu would make these, it seems like it would cost about the same to make a somewhat decent pair; albeit with lesser grade denim.

i don't understand why evisu would make these, it seems like it would cost about the same to make a somewhat decent pair; albeit with lesser grade denim.

it's actually pretty easy to see why they'd make them

their name garners a lot of attention. i told a friend i got into japanese denims, and the first thing he said was "oh, like evisu?"

I doubt it would have cost as much to make a pair that isn't from the shuttleloom, or hand dipped, etc.....and the lesser grade denim is obviously cheaper.

compare this to Nike and Lebron James or Michael Jordan's Jumpman shoes.

you can shell out the $250 for the "pro" model with extra super duper mega mesh and zoom air wowzer 'technology'

or you can buy the $90 "regular" model with just super mesh and regular air 'technology'....

the $90 shoe in theory costs (even) less to make, with lesser quality materials

but either way Nike's making money.

now people with and without cash can be "in style," and still increase company profits.

Evgenes might not fit with the original company ethos of quality and craftsmanship, but monies (and trendwhores) pay their bills now, not a desire to stick to denim traditions

i'd like to add evisu is now @ Nordstrom's......next to true religion, and the other brands superfuturians love so dearly:D