Nudie coming full circle

HEWSINATOR

So with Nudies on sale in Japan (I have not noticed it so far), will they come full circle, be cool in Japan, and thus again here on SuFu?

So obviously I am being half facetious, but I think if they do get more popular there, it will be a testament to their downfall here simply being from overexposure.

That maybe the problem but it's important for a brand to protect themselves and their image. I know the Nudie rep for western Canada whored out the brand completely. I can think of 5 shops off the top of my head that Nudie is sold out of in Calgary, and many of them within a 10 minute or less walk from one another.

I understand it’s the reps job to sell these things and make money but they have to be smart about it.

Also I remember an article written on the guys that started Nudie and they made some comment about how they are only going to make jeans because they want to maintain focus, yet as of last year they started making pinstripe pants and corduroys. Funny how the potential to make a profit can change somebody’s mind. Not to say that somehow making other types of pant affects the quality of the jeans, just an observation.

Edit: Also I don't think over exposure is the problem, its the price/quality problem $300 for selvage denim that tears in the crotch is unacceptable, with a little research cheaper and better alternatives can be found.

i agree with everyone here, i think where nudie suceeds is in it's accesibility, and role as almost a "gateway-drug" for denim. I actually like how my pair of dry greycasts turned out, and ive been complimented about them many a time.

Now that i know about other brands, cuts , and fits. I'm less apt to support them, but they still do hold a special place in my heart.

Interesting branding, Unique and varied cuts, love it or hate it backpocket, and contrast stitching are all of what make the brand intresting to me, and for that nudie will always hold some clout with me, even when im wearing other brands

japanese tend to like stuff that is foreign/difficult to get. A&F is super popular even though japanese companies make much better and more accurate amekaji wear.

levi's will always be huge in japan even though there are hundreds of better jean brands made domestically (in japan) in terms of quality.

as far as nudie becoming very popular again on sufu, i doubt it. we don't see many people on here rocking A&F just because it's big in japan...

people lost interest in nudie because other companies made better jeans, end of story.

"Gateway Drug" is definitely true for me, but I don't like their cuts. Every single one besides the Baggy Bjorn is far too tight, and the BB makes you look like you're wearing a diaper. Also, in relation to the quote above, it's hard to really get into them after you look at a couple of forums and see how many people have to repair the crotch after 2-3 months.

What about the new nudie "masa" jeans? Nudie is really hyping the fact they are made in japan using japanese denim.

Its like they know denim-heads like SF'ers are not buying nudie anymore in favor of the japanese brands, so they come up with this "made in Japan" model to try and compete.