Rogue Warp Knot Gallery Thread.

viv1984viv

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely picture bill! Tell me, on your mister freedom patchwork jeans. Which of the 3 fabrics is your favourite? How do they compare to each other? Your in a great position to contrast and compare the 3, I cant imagine anyone else has the edo ais, hawaiis and okinawas.

Your thoughts?....

Lovely picture bill! Tell me, on your mister freedom patchwork jeans. Which of the 3 fabrics is your favourite? How do they compare to each other? Your in a great position to contrast and compare the 3, I cant imagine anyone else has the edo ais, hawaiis and okinawas.

Your thoughts?....

You're so right! It was a major deciding factor in shelling out nearly $400 for these. . . So here goes:

The Edo Ai denim is the prettiest brand new; raw. The green color and hue stratiations are lovely. As the denim begins to fade, the green seems to fade whiter, as opposed to the more indigo hues of the other denims.

The Okinawa denim's strong suit is texture. It has the best vertical falling and a really meaty, thick hand. The white tufts of knotted thread are beautiful. The color on this denim is more consistent; all over deep deep blue with good slubbiness. Fades beginning to pop through are sweet ocean blues

The Hawaii has the best color. While the Okinawas are slubbier, the Hawaii denim is streakier. As it fades, the variation warp thread to warp thread is much more intense. Initial fade on these is best so far compared with Okinawa and Edo Ai, but I hypothesize that once the Okinawa leg is more broken in its vertical falling will take the prize.

These jeans truly are a fun project! And now I've gotten spoiled and used to seeing selvage waist band and selvage fly placket. . . when I wear my other jeans, I'm saddened to see overlocking when I go to the bathroom. . .

Thanks bill thats really interesting, I have the edo ais and they dont seem to fade to quickly, I was really torn between the edos and the hawaiis, maybe one day ill buy the hawaiis too, mind you the okinawas are bargins. Anyways thanks for the contribution, you have some special jeans there!

I don't get this thread. Someone explain to me?

It seems to me like a thread of people showing off their pimples would be the same.

I don't get this thread. Someone explain to me?

It seems to me like a thread of people showing off their pimples would be the same.

We just appreciate slubby, knotty denim. That's all. It's the inconsistency on the weave and the random knots that pique our interest. Not really a complicated nor sophisticated concept to grasp. Hope this helps you "get it."

Looking at the video and Superstar's last pic of the 007 I realized that the the fabric looks almost like seersucker!! Nutz!!

Are you guys with 007 suffering from indigo stained legs yet?

i have experienced no indigo runoff whatsoever on my legs

just slight irritation after a day of wear on my thighs

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

haha, interesting you guys find it amusing

i like some of the ones posted, esp when it's a whole line in relief rather than just one knot

i never noticed pants had this

is it done on purpose? we've made fabrics like this, as part of the design in general

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

with all of the slubby denim sufu cats are buying, im surprised more people havent joined our esteemed ssrwk ranks...dont front, you dudes love slubs. you should see poopslush's oni's once i see him in person, ill ask him to join up...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...