is samurai still loved?

edmond

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly think that they are an incredible company. I would also say that they fetch the type of respect and reverence that they deserve. I am not sure that I get what you are trying to say. The denim contest gets brought up every day, and the tags you present are evidence enough. I want to know why nobody seems to talk about Warehouse! On par with Samurai, IMO.

They just haven't released any cool limited editions recently, so there isn't that much to talk about. Most people don't get excited for 21 oz denim, and the latest one are those grey jeans or whatever.

samurai will ALWAYS be my favorite denim company

after having owned (and currently breaking in) both PBJ-005 and SO500XX i would say that they are BOTH great denim

but the fit and comfort of the 500's just blows the PBJ's out the water for sure.

the old arcurates were so damn sexy!

way too gimmicky and i always thought they were kind of a cornball brand. glad to see the masses of superfutures are over this brand. more sda, warehouse and 45rpm talk!!

i know you've said this before, but i find it strange that you think this way....gimmicky is such a toss off term and i see many similarities between 45rpm and samurai. the only real "gimmicky" samurai is more the flashy ones like the AI model. but when you suggest "gimmicky" i start to think about what that means. Like the samurai black or even the texas cotton ones. In my mind it's no more "gimmicky" than the nando nando or the suminando 45rpm's which i consider innovative. but i'm interested in hearing your take on it.

i know you've said this before, but i find it strange that you think this way....gimmicky is such a toss off term and i see many similarities between 45rpm and samurai. the only real "gimmicky" samurai is more the flashy ones like the AI model. but when you suggest "gimmicky" i start to think about what that means. Like the samurai black or even the texas cotton ones. In my mind it's no more "gimmicky" than the nando nando or the suminando 45rpm's which i consider innovative. but i'm interested in hearing your take on it.

in terms of price, i find samurai to be a bit on the expensive side for what they offer. without in depth introduction (aka marketing) or innovation like 45 rpm, i find it hard to shell out the steep prices for a pair.. other companies like pbj offer a great pair of unique denim that you wont find anywhere else for an amount that translates into great value. with that being said, i still bought a pair anyways :P

ps: this thread title reminds me of the evisu one.

only for the people who can afford it.
in terms of price, i find samurai to be a bit on the expensive side for what they offer. without in depth introduction (aka marketing) or innovation like 45 rpm, i find it hard to shell out the steep prices for a pair.. other companies like pbj offer a great pair of unique denim that you wont find anywhere else for an amount that translates into great value. with that being said, i still bought a pair anyways :P

ps: this thread title reminds me of the evisu one.

The price is a relative matter. Here where I live everything is expensive compared to, for example, US. Levis jeans cost 130 to 200usd. Diesel jeans up to 300usd. Samurai jeans (ordered from Japan) ~240usd.

I think that it's marketing and innovation what people are paying when they buy brands like Diesel, Acne, etc... Samurai are just badass jeans for nasty motherf*ckers! :D

The price is a relative matter. Here where I live everything is expensive compared to, for example, US. Levis jeans cost 130 to 200usd. Diesel jeans up to 300usd. Samurai jeans (ordered from Japan) ~240usd.

of course, diesel and levis are way over priced. compared to other japanese denim brands though, like eternal (costs about 170 usd) and pbj (190 through proxy), the price of samurai's seem unwarranted.

45rpm is like a zen monk. Samurai is like some gangsters stomping on your face.

haha what a great quote!

I agree there is way more love for Samurai than a lot of other Japanese denim here. I too was really impressed with Warehouse, and they don't get much of a look in here, Full count aren't mentioned an aweful lot either.

As far as price goes, I got samurais for 25,000 yen. That seemed to be a fairly standard price point for Warehouse, Full count, SDA and several others. So it's a little odd saying they are too expensive?

of course, diesel and levis are way over priced. compared to other japanese denim brands though, like eternal (costs about 170 usd) and pbj (190 through proxy), the price of samurai's seem unwarranted.

Hmm... there's a point there... I don't have PBJ or Eternal, but I have SDA for example which is similarly priced as S... and I think that Samurais are more special and appealing (to me at least). I wouldn't even bought sda's but I happen to like pigs!

Pure Blues seem very nice but I'd take Flat head instead because they have more character and attitude in my books. That's why I like Skull (=reasonably priced!) and Samurai. Maybe I'm paying more because of my own visions and mental pictures... :)

No love for Samurais? There's almost no love for Iron Hearts on this forum aside from the SExIH thread. And even that shouldn't count. No love for pre-SExIH Iron Hearts.

:(

I would have had plenty of love for the IHs... before I heard about the sexihos at least.:D

I might get a pair of the new 634S with that new arcuate, because the plain pocket ones do nothing for me.

I own Sugarcane, Eternal, and Ironheart denim (through the sexiho). I also have a pair of Imperials, Nudie and Levis. I STILL don't have a pair of Sams yet. I don't know, maybe it's because everyone seems to own a pair that kind of puts me off for some reason. There are a whole heap of denim that are higher up on my want list, like SDA, PBJ, Skulls, Flathead etc...

Maybe the 21oz 510s will turn me (though hasn't that been pushed back till August or something?)