MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

Who has one? Any complaints? Praises? Owners please give me a review of this machine, as I am in the market for a new laptop and am giving thought to crossing over from PC to MAC...i figured it'd be cool to have a computer that has my initials on it already...

The one I'm thinkin in particular is the black 2.0Ghz Duo Core 2 w/ 120gb etc...

i have a macbook pro. its awesome. it never crashes or gives me any problems. plus girls love asking about it. all the programs you could possibley need are most likely on the mac operating system. if you absolutely need windows, you can dual boot to run windows natively or simulate it through parallel desktop. in any case, apple laptops and desktops are truly one of a kind.

i had a whole fiasco on my windows computer. apparently the hard drive had errors on it that prevented it from starting up.. windows is programmed so badly; it really beats me why people still use it. needless to say this probably would not happen to a mac.

Who has one? Any complaints? Praises? Owners please give me a review of this machine, as I am in the market for a new laptop and am giving thought to crossing over from PC to MAC...i figured it'd be cool to have a computer that has my initials on it already...

The one I'm thinkin in particular is the black 2.0Ghz Duo Core 2 w/ 120gb etc...

computer is fucking brilliant

im on mine right now....my ONLY complaint is that they get pretty hot after awhile

I'd buy a Mac... if Apple stopped smelling their own farts.

I mean those Apple vs Mac commcerials are just painful to watch, playing on their own "artsy" Mac user stereotype.

Bullshit.

i just want to thank you for being one of the few sensible people in the universe who understand and feel my pain.

PC TALIBAN ALL THE WAY.

i have a black macbook 2ghz. shit is ill. my only complaint is the short battery life and the lack of a release button as opposed to the magnet latch that it has, kind of annoying to me. it also has weak speakers, but i'm going to buy some headphones anyway.. so thats getting solved.

i'd say get one, i've never had a windows computer and don't plan on it any time soon. get a pro if you have the money though, they seem to be significantly more durable.

Gods, what the fuck is it with PCs users and their unsatisfiable need to invade every Mac thread and start insulting everyone. Ffs... we get it, you hate Apple, you love Windows/Linux, now go and do something useful. Or at least behave like normal people, not complete dickheads.

To the original poster: I have a MacBook, had iMac G5 before it, loved them both. And I'm planning to get Mac Pro very soon... Overall I couldn't be happier, used to use Windows and Linux (for AI research), but now I have no need for either and everything's so much easier. (Well, I need Windows for testing in Internet Explorer, but Parallels takes care of that)

I've had mine (non-Duo) for like 9 months, I don't really like it in comparison to my old Powerbook G4, but if switching from PCs then it's a no-brainer.

I haven't bothered to upgrade from the 512MB of RAM, but really really need to.

I had apple ibook few yrs ago and last year it was due for replacement. Unfortunately, I had to change back to windows due to my study. Now, I regret it so much, I wished I just bought another mac, it such a great comp... Buy a mac, you won't regret it...

It may take some time to get used to the interface, but it's actually a lot simpler and easier to use compare to windows.

I've got the black macbook, it's lovely!

1152491_500.jpg

here it is in its faux suede wrapper.

It gets smudges all the time, I advise microfiber cloths to clean it...

The screen is really nice, and the keyboard despite its weird size actually makes typing faster. In an hour you get used to it.

Compared to XP/Vista, OSX is running like a dream. I would go for a Macbook 2ghz with 2gb ram. The ram is really important, but don't buy ram from Apple. It's much cheaper, to buy and replace it yourself.

Every single laptop is getting hot, and after several updates from Apple, the Macbook isnt warmer than any other laptop with same specs.

Gods, what the fuck is it with PCs users and their unsatisfiable need to invade every Mac thread and start insulting everyone. Ffs... we get it, you hate Apple, you love Windows/Linux, now go and do something useful. Or at least behave like normal people, not complete dickheads.

That's funny, you could say the same about Macaddicts shitting up conversations people have had about PCs on here- and they're generally much more smug and moronic, I, at least, contributed my two cents honestly and succinctly before laying into my routine.

I also don't recall anyone being insulted.

Take it easy, duder. Nothing personal- besides computers.

I'd buy a Mac... if Apple stopped smelling their own farts.

I mean those Apple vs Mac commcerials are just painful to watch, playing on their own "artsy" Mac user stereotype.

Bullshit.

agreed

but business is business and capitalism is what this country revolves around, so obviously they have to play to the cliche that macbooks are for

"'creative free spirits who like to be diffferent"

my macbook is getting really slow, how do i get it to be faster? like it lags when i switch between applications. would getting another gig of ram make a big difference?

and about mac vs pc, i like both. i cant stand any hate towards either platform. pc owners complaining about viruses arent taking good enough care of their computers imho.

Sup_

More ram makes a HUGE difference.

Once you max it out... it will be a BEAST of a machine.

Its great especially when running huge programs such as Photoshop/Illustrator.

I had a PB then got the Macbook and I would strongly suggest it.

Get parallels and you can have best of both worlds with a Mac and Windows on the

same screen. But why would you want a Windows haha.

Like the saying goes "once you go MAC you wont go BACK!"

Peace.

ok, noob question time. im thinking about jumping on the mac wagon as well. i pretty much need a new laptop for basic school shit, but also in my spare time i'd like to be able to do graphic design, editing, and music production type stuff on it. so my question is- what are the benefits of a mac book pro over a macbook? i mean, would i be able to do what i want to do with just a macbook? thanks.