NBA Basketball

hamham3001

J Redick happened.

But really who do the announcers praise this du so much? If you watch him throughout the game, he makes a ton of terrible decisions. Shouldn't be in at crunch time, but I guess they don't have another option at his position

New owner Mikhail Prokhorov represented the Nets at the draft lottery and showed little emotion after the Nets selection was revealed. New Jersey had a 25 percent chance of landing the top pick, which was expected to be Kentucky guard John Wall.

Washington, which only had a roughly 10 percent chance of winning the lottery, got the No. 1 overall pick in the draft on June 24. The Philadelphia 76ers got the second pick.

"Sometimes luck makes all the difference, but it never comes down to one player," Prokhorov said. "I'm sure we're going to get a great player. For our team, the only way is up."

Prokhorov doesn't think it will take the Nets long to turn things around -- even without the No. 1 pick.

"If everything goes as planned, I predict that next season we'll be in the playoffs and as championship minimum one year and maximum five (years)," he said.

lawl @ that dry russian wit.

"If everything goes as planned, I predict that next season we'll be in the playoffs and as championship minimum one year and maximum five (years)," he said.

lawl @ that dry russian wit.

yea he said this in a video addressed to all the season ticket holders

reminds me of ivan drago "If he dies, he dies"

au3hkZZpVM4

in bill simmons article about the nets owner. denimz started the empire

Q: How did he initially become wealthy?

A: When the Soviet Union was collapsing in the late-'80s, Prokhorov was attending the Moscow Finance Institute. He made his first wave of money producing ... (wait for it ...) stonewashed jeans, buying a ton of denim (shades of "How to Make It In America"), renting a corner of a laundromat in Moscow, processing the denim there and making incredible profits (14 rubles for every one he spent). After graduating from MFI, he launched a financial conglomerate with Vladimir Potanin in 1992, starting with $10 million in capital (10 percent from them) and succeeding immediately. Once Russia's political/economic infrastructure started to collapse, Potanin/Prokhorov were sitting in the catbird's seat when Boris Yeltsin's government decided to take "loans" from Russian banks in exchange for allowing those banks to "manage" shares in state-run companies.

Now that Chris Bosh "unofficially" added the Lakers to his desired destinations, I expect Bynum to completely rid himself of his cast and play 110%, nothing less.

But damn has Kobe been good lately, honestly better than he's played all season.

kobe-breaking-hill-s-ankles-o.gif