SF: Asian and American Art Show, Support MIKE PARK (he's a badass artist)

sugarboots

My friend, Mike P wanted me to tell y'all about his upcoming art show!

To quote him: "[this is a] message to all the party kids who I want to meet and drink 40s with. Should be a fun show. And, oh, there will be lots of alcohol." He's damn talented and a super nice guy, so go support, dammit!

Blind Pilots @ Linc Real Art

Press release:

Linc Real Art presents Blind Pilots, a group exhibition organized by Tim Evans. Blind Pilots is a flight of mythic grace into the recesses of the graphic imagination. Careening across the interior tundras of subjective sublimation, Blind Pilots explores the pursuits of a diverse new generation of artists from Asia and the U.S. who possess a special element of commonality revolving around the premise that anime, manga and technology

have become viable forms of cultural production that are continually shaping contemporary art and ideas.

This exhibiton examines a vibrant trend and growing aesthetic sensibility that can be characterized by a revived interest in the

elliptical/ornamental pictorial representations of traditional Asian prints and drawings, and by a lack of interest in a consistent, well-formed narrative with strong social or moral messages, opting instead for more visceral pursuits such as the depiction of self-conscious and anti-heroic visions that imbue the work with a sense of quietly suffering the eventlessness of the every day world while peripatetically searching for a chance to break out into a vast conceptual wilderness.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Participating artists include: Yoko Akiyama, Toby Barnes, Tim Evans, Keiji

Ito, Kyung Jeon, Hiroshi Kan, Akino Kondo, Mike Park, Jason Smith, and

Sayumi Yokouchi

Opening Party Thursday April 15, 2004 6pm - Late.

Linc is Located at:

1632 C Market

San Francisco, CA 94103

some images from the show: mike park

mike.jpg

aya-kondob

aya-kondob.jpg

Mikio Takab

Mikio-Takab.jpg

Edited by sugarboots on Apr 7, 2004 at 10:59 AM