AlbumBase - my new favorite website

how's their selection of non-mainstream stuff?

as far as i can tell, most of the content is user uploaded, right?

yea i'm mostly into underground hiphop/rap shit n i havent had any problems. they even had new Brother Ali the day after it came out, which i highly recommend. btw.

Brother Ali - The Undisputed Truth

i like it.

rapidshare sucks though.

any other sites like this?

torrents don't work at my school

yea rapidshare definately does suck, such a bitch waiting for that shit to let you download again

Guest EmaciatedNerd

I love this site also, a nice departure from the fear of viruses that comes with P2P sharing, and a nice change in diversity that is missing with torrent files.

how's their selection of non-mainstream stuff?

as far as i can tell, most of the content is user uploaded, right?

I've been taking a look and so far it doesn't seem half bad. I haven't checked any of the esoteric-noise type stuff yet, but as far as semi-indie stuff goes, it doesn't seem half bad. Animal Collective / Panda Bear releases, but no Black Dice, for instance, so it's still a little spotty.

Damn, I've been on Albumbase for the longesssst. Love the site.

Not too sure if it's great for a lot of the Indie stuff, but I usually get a lot of my underground hip-hop shit from there, and love it. I hate how the users upload on Rapidshare though (I think sendspace is much better). If it wasn't uploaded on Rapidshare, I'd have a much larger collection. After awhile you just kind of get lazy to download...

albumbase is tooo key when torrent ports are blocked. getting a RS account is crucial; unlimited 400+ kb/s downloads for fairly cheap (i just bum my friend's account). You can also find a bunch of direct download dvd-rip low-key movies out there. i suggest also getting a download manager which boosts d/l rates massively. On a side note, who's in love with Veoh? Happy pirating.

• 6 months later...

Hey...

I have some problems with albumbase.... I'm member for several months & everything was OK till one of my last visits...

When I wanted to go on albumbase, it turned out that I don't have autorizathion to view that page.. I don't know what's the problem.

Anyone knows?

I read here that the albumbase is dead for a while, but I guess that sth would appear...

Can anyone help me? :(