The REAL original Rod Laver sneaker?

ABELnyc

I love the 'original' Rod Laver sneak. But in my travels recently, I came across an even earlier model, avail in 3 colors: leather all white or all black or all kelly green. Looked completely different from what I thought was the original model Adidas came out with back in the late '70's. (mesh, green, etc.). It was all leather, a rounded toe...not just the mesh model in leather, either. This was completely different. There was a rubber tag on the back (a la Vans) that said "Rod Laver" in raised red lettering. They were $80, and I hesitated but now regret it...I can't find there anywhere online, and nobody seems to know (or care) what I'm talking about.

So all you non-Nike footwear afficionadoes, please get at me.

p.s. I also picked up a pair of black Stan Smiths on eBay years ago, and have never seen them anywhere since. Just a limited run? Help?

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

hey I was just at Rivington club this morning and they have some rod lavers. not sure if it's what you're looking for but saw some mesh/perforated looking ones in 4 color choices. they're pretty sweet. i have old white pair. they've got more adidas now there. if you're not in the city - call them - they're nice. cheers.

Interesting...so it seems they have both a mesh "vintage/retro" version, as well as leather. The leather joints are mah sheeeet. That kelly green! The white is pretty fresh too. The mesh ain't bad, but they shouldn't be 85.95. The leathers were $80 when i saw them at the Adidas store. (shoulda copped then).

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA