How in the World is a Ralph Lauren hat worth over 300 clams???

Brooklyn Zoo

you have gottt to be kidding me... no wonder people would rather have those supreme knock offs...errr im sorry, "polo inspired"

LoLifes created a movement...

Fucking cocksuckers with their daddy's checkbook want to be a part...

Maybe a few real Lo heads bid on those...but I doubt any cats who were gettin' hats like that for next to nothing back in the day (boost 'em! stick 'em!) would drop a quick 6 stack on 'em.

For a Snow Beach "Raekwon" joint though...that price is a little more justifiable.

This is taken from the hypebeast forum regarding the subject.

yea i thought he was i foudn the answer tho

The name Lo-Lifes came about in '88 when Big Vic Lo (Thirstin Howl III) got caught talking to a girl after he just got another girl's phone number. The girl said "you are a low-life" in a disrespectful manner. His reply, "you are right!" "I wear Lo everyday and "Lo" is my life. Then everybody replied, "that's right", We are Lo-Lifes!". It was never officially voted on, or anything it was just the name we lived by.

The Lo-Lifes were originally composed of two boostin posse's from different sections in Brooklyn. There was the Crown Heights half who were originally known as "Ralphies Kids" (Ralph Lauren's Kids). That name being made by G-George whom lived on St. John's and Utica Avenue, which was also where Ralphies Kids could be found. Then there was the Brownsville half who were originally called POLO U.S.A. (United Shoplifters Association). That name being made up by Ski-Lo and Pumpkin (RIP). The Brownsville half were all mostly from the Marcus Garvey Village, with others from Van Dyke Houses.

before vintagegearaddicts

most of the people who were into it copped this stuff for cheap on eBay...

after vga came online...a ton of people started to fiend for Lo...even the vintage sellers on eBay nowadays know the terms "suicide ski", "snow beach", and "plates jacket"...etc.

I think that "info from hypebeast" is actually from an article the people at vintagegearaddicts did with the dude.