on t-shirt design or nom de guerre is a joke

lms

everybody knows t-shirt design is a joke but this trend of predictably screen printing half-toned photographs of famous figures onto the bottom right-hand corners of t-shirts needs to end. it's forgivable when supreme does it, cause seriously, supreme?

to make the shirt even more cliche, they print a four line inspirational quote on the back. why not scribble the entire lyrics to your favorite fucking song while you're at it.

nom de guerre thanks to blackbird:

IMG_6189.jpg

$68? hurrah for capitalism. (those Japs will buy anything!)

Guest StuckOnStupid

is this from s/s 07? jesus christ....

on a side note, i would like to announce my new company starting effective immediately. it is called Creme de Wheat, and my first offering will be a VERY PREMIUM tee featuring a half-tone b&w screencap of Julia Louis Dreyfuss doing the boot-scootin boogie from that one ep. of Seinfeld. On the back will have that "Dance like no one is watching..." quote. This is NOT inspired by Nom De Guerre, Coup De Grace, or Suck le Cock

japs as in JEWISH AMERICAN PRINCESS

or japanese folks

im not awfully offended but there may be others who feel so

i'd poke fun at the jews, but they really don't fit into fashion. and, haven't they had it hard enough?

i jest at "teh japs" on this forum mainly to cause a violent reaction. superfuture loves anything japan. they are guilty, however, of wearing ridiculous t-shirts with broken English phrases they can't read, as they tend to obsess over anything american.

"teh japs" are also guilty of pearl harbor! aren't you a red blooded american?! never forget!! and september eleven! never forget our vets! god bless our dead marines! thank god for dead marines!

Even though it's a cliche idea of putting a famous icon on a tee shirt. How often do you see Jack Kerouac on a tee shirt?

putting a famous icon on a t-shirt isn't cliche if it's done well. cutting out an image of a famous icon from time magazine and then slapping it on the bottom right-hand corner of a t-shirt is cliche.

everybody knows t-shirt design is a joke but this trend of predictably screen printing half-toned photographs of famous figures onto the bottom right-hand corners of t-shirts needs to end. it's forgivable when supreme does it, cause seriously, supreme?

to make the shirt even more cliche, they print a four line inspirational quote on the back. why not scribble the entire lyrics to your favorite fucking song while you're at it.

as cliche as it is, if it's done right it can look awesome. this isn't done right, and it isn't the least bit creative.

Guest StuckOnStupid

reading that quote again, it reminded me of Anchorman...when Champ Kind is talking to Ron Burgundy and hes like

" I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you, I miss being near you. I miss your LAUGH.... I miss your scent; I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together. "

someone put that on a shirt and im buyin!

Someone should start a company that releases the same kind of stupid products but puts quotes from a different artist than the one on the picture, making it a sort of idiot test. I'll pay top dollar for the Martin Luther King with the "chicken coming home to roost" quote.

StuckOnStupid is all over this thread.....in a good way, haha, had me spitting coffee. Ron is my hero.....shake and bake.

When does the L. Dreyfuss joint drop? Supercopper:D

is this from s/s 07? jesus christ....

on a side note, i would like to announce my new company starting effective immediately. it is called Creme de Wheat, and my first offering will be a VERY PREMIUM tee featuring a half-tone b&w screencap of Julia Louis Dreyfuss doing the boot-scootin boogie from that one ep. of Seinfeld. On the back will have that "Dance like no one is watching..." quote. This is NOT inspired by Nom De Guerre, Coup De Grace, or Suck le Cock

reading that quote again, it reminded me of Anchorman...when Champ Kind is talking to Ron Burgundy and hes like

" I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you, I miss being near you. I miss your LAUGH.... I miss your scent; I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together. "

someone put that on a shirt and im buyin!

Guest StuckOnStupid
Someone should start a company that releases the same kind of stupid products but puts quotes from a different artist than the one on the picture, making it a sort of idiot test. I'll pay top dollar for the Martin Luther King with the "chicken coming home to roost" quote.

that is actually brilliant.

and yes, it will be big in japan.

i don't care what people say, nom de guerre definitely prints on fucking american apparel, and their prices go up every fucking day.

HOWL by ginsberg on a fucking tee? god damn that is so fucking wack.

fuckfuckfuck. they should have dropped their tees when they dropped the sneakers.

although that all purple "boys don't cry" shirt was dope and i still want one.

Even though it's a cliche idea of putting a famous icon on a tee shirt. How often do you see Jack Kerouac on a tee shirt?

damn straight, i dont recall seeing him on a single shirt, this is awesome.

honestly, i want this shirt sooooo fucking badly. anyone know where i can get it?

Guest StuckOnStupid
damn straight, i dont recall seeing him on a single shirt, this is awesome.

honestly, i want this shirt sooooo fucking badly. anyone know where i can get it?

http://www.kerouac.com/cgi-local/cart.pl

http://www.redmolotov.com/catalogue/design.php?design_code=jackkerouac

http://www.eurekaspringsantiques.com/wacT01.html

now send me the extra 30 bucks.

ok now, that's pretty cool

scaled back from "awesome" because it

1. looks like something you'd buy at a bookstore

2. graphics that big on a t-shirt can be awkward, looks like a giant gray mushroom from a distance.

3. better if white-on-black