films you're looking forward to seeing

http://www.atthecinema.net/ridley-scott-to-return-to-blade-runner-world

Source: LA Times, Deadline

Ridley Scott will be returning to Blade Runner, with the director helming a “wholly original” feature based in the DNA of the sci-fi classic. Alcon Entertainment producer Andrew Kosove released details about the new feature, explaining it will sit “as separately as possible” from the 1982 film.

The company is already preparing a production timeline, with a writer being hired “in a matter of months, if not weeks.” They are eyeing an early 2013 production start, with a mid-2014 release likely. Kosove also stated that while he doesn’t speak for Scott, he doesn’t believe Harrison Ford will be involved. He declared, “This is a total reinvention, and in my mind that means doing everything fresh, including casting.”

This seems to be following a similar line to Prometheus, which is not related directly to the Alien storyline but borrows its “DNA”. Hopefully there is new material to be found in this world, as Blade Runner is such an important science-fiction film, and this is a film of value.

What are your thoughts on the news?

Kevin Smith has a new film coming out... and it's a horror movie.

"It's a nasty-ass $4mil horror flick with few (if any) redeeming characters."

Fun facts:

There is no score for this film. The entire soundtrack consists of songs sung within the film itself.

Kevin Smith's lowest budget film since Chasing Amy.

The budget for the special effects department was $5000.

GAOL1CNpnUQ

^i really like kevin smith's films and that one looks very different from his usual stuff...

kinda wish it was with the cast from clerks, chasing amy et al but i guess it wouldn't make much of a horror film lol

and it's pretty insane how low budget all his films are too haha

Christian Bale is rumored to consider playing Oh Daesu in Spike Lee's OldBoy remake.

Can't really see him playing Oh Daesu. I'm imaging Pat Bateman and it's not working. Who knows though. Bale has shown that he can act in multiple different roles.

Josh Brolin is confirmed as lead. Which I can definitely see as a better alternative.

article here and here