films you're looking forward to seeing

• 3 weeks later...

So I missed Robocop got a new director - Jose Padilha. Inspired choice, I think you'll agree. This is the first time after all of these years I've liked the director linked to the project.

More so after reading some early thoughts about his vision for the film:

I love the sharpness and political tone of RoboCop , and I think that such a film is now urgently needed. But I will not repeat what Verhoeven has done so clearly and strongly. Instead I try to make a film that will address topics that Verhoeven untreated. If you are a man changes into a robot, how do you do that? What is the difference between humans and robots developed? What is free will? What does it mean to lose your free will? Those are the issues that I think.

Going to be following this.

So I missed Robocop got a new director - Jose Padilha. Inspired choice, I think you'll agree. This is the first time after all of these years I've liked the director linked to the project.

More so after reading some early thoughts about his vision for the film:

Going to be following this.

And du is looking at Micheal Fassbender for the lead. Fuck yes.

I think it looks quite mediocre compared to the book. A bit overproduced. Then again its hard to tell from a trailer

agreed. it should not be a puerto rican fear and loathing like the trailer makes it out to be. book was great. hoping the movie doesn't stray too far from the book.