Cords?

viv1984viv

Free gift - I got a samurai sticker, and some cards, they look like business cards, except they have handwriting and a date on them ( there are two ).... id like to think they are vouchers!

Here are some fabric pics

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

they do feel cosy, I think thats because of the polyester ( which may detract from their breathability, i dunno ), also on the tag there is the "Warm your legs up" message.. ( ive just noticed, its almost june and im in cashmere socks )

Ill do some fit pics in a bit.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
LVC has done cords in the past. Most recently, the European wing did a repro of a 1920s cord pant, similar to the ones in Paul's book. They were a dark green, the name of them were "the Diggers." I've seen them on ebay now and then...

damn,that just seems perfect! will keep an eye out for those.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya superbobo, Ive been on cords again recently, American Apparelle, do some slim cords, very nice in plum, navy and charcoal - very tempting but at 46 quid im dubious as to if the quality matches the price....

APC's winter catalogue has arrived on my doorstep, the collection looks soooo nice ( but winter collections allways are! ) they are doing the new standard in corduroy, in green, grey and black and navy I think - dont quote me though, very nice, Im super tempted!

But this is what really caught my eye, cashmere/cotton jeans! In slim and relaxed fits! Anyone with an encyclopedic knowledge of denim will remember Howies made wool/cotton jeans last winter and also Kohzo mix in kevlar, silk and linen..... but cashmere???? Wow, toasty legs aplenty! I couldnt find the "wacky fabrics in denim" thread, so thought id drop it in here seeing as anyone into cords may consider some warmer jeans.

Carhartt's European line has a few different styles in a 13 wales cord including the:

Simple Pant (un-yolked, slash pockets, high rise)

Staff Pant (Wide straight leg 5 pocket jean)

Western Pant (Tapered 5 pocket jean)

Slim Pant (Slimmer version of the above)

All of them retail for about £55. (Sorry about the unashamed plug.)

I don't go slimmer than a 47 501 (none of this drainpipe nonsense for me) and I also despise any washing/distressing on my cords - at least any not done by me. Just so you know where I'm coming from...

Lee Ultra Cord regular fit straight leg cords fit very much like a 47 501 - snug, slim leg, high waist, and an inch smaller than they say on the waist (more or less). Not very forgiving or soft though, but worth picking up.

Also bought a pair in a Benetton sale (early 2007) that hadn't been on sale that season in thier flagship store - I've heard of stores bringing in stuff esp. for sales.. Anyway, got some choc brown, minimally washed out straight leg cords (18" bottoms, but don't look like it) dirt cheap. I think they came in a pale blue too, maybe a camel. Not for best (save your treasured white tab levis for that) but nice enough for this fussy man. Check out their next sale!

• 2 weeks later...
Does Paris have them?

Dunno.

Probably.

Can anyone in Paris go and try them and report if they sizing is similar to denim apc's? ^___^

I know I keep asking this but there's no apc store where I live.

I really like those Samurai cords but from the descriptions youv'e said it may be a little too slim for me but, they do look great on you! How is the fitting and are there any other samurai models that may not have such a high rise ??? Other than that those APC's are looking great also !!!