Twenty One Men's?

RockTheVote

Really boring and mediocre fitting. I thought they would have come stronger since they occasionally have some decently-designed women's pieces (albeit they are horrible quality)...........they aren't even on par with H&M, etc. here; the stuff is much more Old Navy-like.

21 Men's is a joke. Really. The designs are often one or two seasons behind trend, and the quality is horrible.

I spoke to an industry person who actually told me that Forever 21 actually often picks up overstock from H&M and other fast-fashion retailers' factories and has it altered to meet their specifications, and passes it off as originally designed clothing. There's been plenty of times that I've seen similar items in Forever 21 that I've seen at other retailers six months before, as a matter of fact.

Yeah, it's no secret that Forever 21 (women's especially) straight up copies designs from everyone.

One of my friends knew a girl who used to 'design' for them, and she would do monthly trips to Miss Sixty, etc. and buy piles of shit so they could take it back and copy it to a T.

Naturally. But this also explains their shitty quality.

The factory runoff and B-grades that H&M tells their factories to destroy get purchased and repurposed by adding a button here or there, or re-cutting the garment to a new pattern... my girlfriend loves the store, and I'd probably ridiculing her daily if the prices weren't so low.

Naturally. But this also explains their shitty quality.

The factory runoff and B-grades that H&M tells their factories to destroy get purchased and repurposed by adding a button here or there, or re-cutting the garment to a new pattern... my girlfriend loves the store, and I'd probably ridiculing her daily if the prices weren't so low.

You should probably ridicule her daily anyway....just cause....

You know.

sometime I think you guys are scared of things that dont cost an arm and a leg. I got a jacket there and it is by far the best under 30$ jacket I have ever owned. I too wanted to slam them as it is almost embarassing to walk in the door... but I walked away stoked!

forever 21 is getting sued actually.

http://www.ajc.com/fashion/content/shared-blogs/ajc/fashion/entries/2007/03/28/dvf_vs_forever.html

ive seen their mens line pretty much rip off trovata polos and loomstate hoodies and doing a bad job at it.

this makes me happy.

we here at superfuture don't knock things that are cheap- even the people who own expensive things often purchase them for less than retail. what we hate is mass-market rip-off merchants that promote shallow style to even shallower people.

SuperFuture: The Thinking Man's Fashion Forum.

if you want to be on the forefront (or at least appear to be) of fashion then sometimes you need to buy shit that cost an arm or a leg. I cannot even count the number of times I've seen shit in H&M that was a straight rip-off of Dior Homme and other designers (I mention DH as it is the one I am most familar with). If H&M rips off high fashion, and 21 goes and buy unsold, overstocked H&M shit and sells them months later, I don't think you'll be picking up any "real" interesting pieces there.

you can argue my point and buy into "style" which is more timeless than "fashion" and avoid the whole scene.

OR

you can just buy whatever you like that you think fits and is cheap and you feel is practical.

I think most people here are more interested in fashion first and style second (don't lie you neon air stab wearing mofo's) and if a certain piece happens to be practical and affordable then that's just a bonus.

-my thoughts

it's actual great to see different opions. H&M rip off other people's products also, RRL knock off exactly vintage pieces. In fashion business, people knock off stuffs left and right in fabric, color, style, fit, etc. It's just copy to what degree. If SuFu users can plan to buy rip-off stuff from a Korean internet site, what's the difference as Forever21 or H&M selling knock-offs?