hockey

julianREE

The Hawks held their own last night. One bad puck handle from Lubed Vagina, excuse me, Campbell, and it's all over. They can't keep ruining all these well played games by Khabi.

Sure; you'll have something to stick up your ass so you don't have to stand all game in SRO.

I like how positive the red wings are in interviews. Always complimenting the opposing team rather than taking jabs, always humble. Game 3 was good. What other team could score 3 goals in 4 minutes to hang the heads of the roaring crowd? It was also nice watching Kronwall use Havlat as toilet paper.

kronwall052209.jpg

FUCK CHICAGO

The salery cap said to be lowered another $2.5 million.

Good luck keeping your exploding talent Chicago! Maybe the funds can be used on more marketing to fill seats with baseball fans. We'll have to see if Baby Huey can take you as far as Bulin did. How much is Huet locked in at? Over 5 million for 3 more years or something?

I'm excited for the final. This years Pens look much stronger with Crosby and Malkin on point. Maybe it will be the same story with Kane and Toews next year with the experience they've acquired this post season.

that last comment was as clever as the blackhawks offense.

and about ozzie.. everybody always talks shit because he does not have to carry his team.

he never seems phased by the press or fans talking shit though.

he must keep his stanley cup rings in his ears!

Patrick Roy reference? Haha, as much as I hate him it's pretty funny:

Someone tell me how to embed, don't know on this forum.

I LOVED how Babcock made Chelios interim captain and the faceoff with probert, as well as how he gave ozzie a rest after he was "dehydrated" and put in konklin and dressed howard. Kind of a fuck you to quinville

good call out on the reference. always remembered that.

i'm excited to see what the hawks are going to do next game. if they'll be able to hang. hopefully lindstrom and datsyuk will continue their rest. it's always funny seeing chelios up in the uc because most hawks fans last bought jerseys during his reign.

Maybe the funds can be used on more marketing to fill seats with baseball fans.

The Hawks had the highest overall attendance of any team in the NHL this year. There are no more seats to be filled, with over 910,000 home game attendance and 22000+ average with 103% capacity filled...

But whatever you say. :rolleyes:

Fans didnt stop buying jerseys since Chelios left, thats a fucking joke, and so are you.

/yourmouth unless you are going to actually contribute solid posts to this thread not bashing about your quote on quote baseball fans, etc.

Just got back from vaca and its still the same old shit...

vanfragmeter nice to see you return.

I am well aware of the attendance of the UC. I was simply trying to jab at the marketers of the "one goal" scheme filling seats with baseball fans and how they were going to have to continue to do so once Chicago loses some of their heat.

Speaking of heat those wings were on fire last night!

The detroit sucks thing has always confused me but I might take things too literally. If detroit sucks then where does that leave chicago after decades of being stomped? please advise

"Detroit Sucks" - is a chant about the city, not the Red Wings, who, for the time being, do not suck.

Nice to see Chelios out there on the ice. I swear he must bathe in the blood of infants to stay young.

Even though the Hawks lost in 5, three games in overtime wasn't too bad. I'm only really embarrassed by game 4. Huet finally showed what he was capable last night; if he can play like that more consistently, the Hawks will be just fine without the Bulin wall.

the blood of infants would also explain his perma tan.

If the people of Chicago think that Detroit as a city sucks enough to chant about it at sporting events this further demonstrates their lack of culture and abundance of privilage.

I think it also stems from the fact that. let's face it, the Red Wings are THE rival, much like Yankees vs Red Sox. And that, usually, the Hawks have been on the losing end. That's the bad blood. I would suggest that when fortunes change, and they will, the Red Wings fans will similarly become vitriolic. Anyway, you have to have something to say - so "Detroit Sucks" is the nearest thing to the truth to say. Detroit is a pretty shitty city, all things considered, though I have always enjoyed my time there. I would never argue it was because the city was great.

Nobody in Detroit thinks of Chicago as a rival which is why I'm constantly puzzled. But I guess when you've only had 20 dry years in 100 years of hockey as opposed to the reverse you admire the game itself and not the city in which it is played.

Nothing against Chicago. I love the city but find the people to hail from here to be self righteous and arrogant.

I think the "Detroit sucks" chant is just a testament to the caliber of Chicago fans, as well as any other team. But half the time the "Let's go red wings" chant overpowers the home team chants at away games, which shows the awesomeness of wings fans.

New commercial for the Wings should be: Ice with a spotlight on a microphone stand and a stereo playing Chelsea Dagger, Wings player skates up to the stereo and smashes it, says "I like to keep traditions tradition" or some other quip like that, skates off, and then a octopus is thrown on the ice. That would be SOOOO sick.

Well Im sad to hear you say one of the cities you live in is full of arrogant and self righteous... sucks for you I guess.

If you say Chicago isnt a rival then who is? I agree on Cheli's perma tan. That in HD was quite scary but all that steam from his chili must bake his face.

K, Hawks lost in 5 if you call 3 OT's a stomping then, well, i have nothing to say to you. The only playoff stomping was pens > canes.

OMG some ppl chant detroit sucks, take it literally, go ahead but you know youre the one being ignorant when you say it... Was a great run for a young team, itll be interesting seeing who they can lock down on the roster for next season.

OMG some ppl chant detroit sucks, take it literally, go ahead but you know youre the one being ignorant when you say it... Was a great run for a young team, itll be interesting seeing who they can lock down on the roster for next season.

I liken the Hawks to the Pens of 06-07. Great young team with a lot of talent but they need a few years of playoff sharpening before they can make a serious run. Give them two years and they will be a serious contender.

As far as this season? Yeah Detroit laid the wood to them. A few games were close but they are not even close to the level of talent, coaching and efficiency that the Wings have. Also, as long as the Wings have THAT team, the Hawks will never win a cup.

The Wings will win again in 6.

VFRAG - It would suck for me but a) I moved here to make yalls money and am successful in doing so. B) Being surrounded by DB's makes me happy being who I am.

When was the last time the hawks took more than one game in a series against the Wings? Something tells me you'll have to look that one up. I'm just glad to see my guys end the "one goal".

Havlat should be able to provide a good report of how next season is looking for the hawks after Kronwall knocked him there. The stomping continues.

Honestly I had a lot of bones to pick with hawks fans so forgive my venting here on SuFu. I'm glad I could find good conversation with you Jake. My rant ends here.

35%.. That would be an awesome commercial. I'm excited for tomorrow.

The only news I check is on the NHL.com sites and this story has obviously not been covered there. It seemed like things have been a bit rushed compared to previous years but I really have not questioned it as I'm excited for game 1. Good read.

Predictions for tonight?

nhlstanleycupfinal.jpg