Cassette Playa

wEstSidE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen any of their items up close and personal .. but I don't like the one size fits all thing on some of the items.

How bad is the mark up at Seven? Like the tees are $135, the shorts are $425 and the silk hoodies there are $550 .. what're they supposed to retail at?

I thought the stuff was interesting i was trying to turn a few friends of mine in a band on to i t since I think it probably works better on stage then actual for actual everyday wear

I went by seven yesterday it was mostly sold out except for 2 tees

But wtf 185 for a screen printed tshirt that shit makes overpriced street wear look conservative. after seeing those prices and the quality i think its bullshit and i wont support it I don't think its made for people trying to push boundaries and find new shit its made people who buy overpriced brands as a statement as a lifestyle statement

cal

How bad is the mark up at Seven? Like the tees are $135, the shorts are $425 and the silk hoodies there are $550 .. what're they supposed to retail at?

wow, i was hating the designs and i thought they were in the 30/40 bucks t-shirt range when i first saw them, but now that i see those prices, i hate the brand even more, but the people that are behind this are my fucking idols. they make nigo look like a marketing dumbfuck.

This is actually a pretty serious label

I don't quite get it, the video shows that they are serious?

PS Bape was pure genius design for its time. I still think that. PURE GENIUS

Ruff Sqwod??

Please.

If you're paying 135 anything for a crap quality t shirt that looks like it was fingerpainted by a primary school kid, you need to rethink. That's serious.

And don't anyone start giving me all that back-in-the-day-it-was-all-shit-quality-so-it's-ultra-authentic lark, cos back in the day you bought all your rave clothes from Wembley market for a total of £5 on a saturday morning and you'd lost them before the sun came up on Sunday.

Ruff Sqwod??

Please.

If you're paying 135 anything for a crap quality t shirt that looks like it was fingerpainted by a primary school kid, you need to rethink. That's serious.

And don't anyone start giving me all that back-in-the-day-it-was-all-shit-quality-so-it's-ultra-authentic lark, cos back in the day you bought all your rave clothes from Wembley market for a total of £5 on a saturday morning and you'd lost them before the sun came up on Sunday.

People wearing new rave shit have never been to a rave anyway.

1. everyone needs to lighten the holy fuck up.

34. the quality is about as shitty as you'd expect from something

that costs half as much what it actually costs here in America.

its fifty bones over there, blame the fucking economy and stop

whining about 135 dollar tees you fucking babies.

45. lighten the hell up again. if you can't see what's fun about wearing

a completely retarded tee shirt and silk shorts to a bangin party, you're

probably the kind of guy who wears lip gloss yet says "no homo" constantly.

6752. the silk pieces are actually really, really well made in my opinion.

3. Ruff Sqwad are pretty nang.

56t. as far as being serious or not, no, it isn't serious. but it is dead serious.

just like anything else. fact is, someone out there has a shit hot label and

its not any of you, so AIR RIGHT NOW, YOU GET AIR RIGHT NOW!

i know DUM. i was very into being all over this stuff, but alas, like a lot of european-made goods, i've had to hold off. and, i secretly bitch to myself when not defending CP.

P.S. how's your hair?

Okay; My final (revised) Manifesto re: Cassette Playa

While I find their clothes appealing from an aesthetic standpoint, I don't think I could justify spending what I still regard as a considerable amount of money for clothing on something I find akin to those glittery big glasses you buy on New Year's Eve that say "200X" or a party hat.

• 4 weeks later...

damn how did I miss that post by RBW? hilarious.

just posting here because apparently ambush stealthily picked up the line...yes the same store that sells you your anything, kid america (bomb show...), and original fake will start selling more exclusive t-shirts.

my friends store carries cassette playa... and guess fucking what??!?! no one buys it here.. im willing to proxy for you mother fuckers if u suck my dick

but really they do carry cassette playa and there is a lot of stock... so just pm with info and ill try my best to mail it to you (i only accept paypal)

havent read this whole thread so sorry if this is out of context or something

***LMAOZOR: yeah westside i didnt read ur post.. but yeah i think i maybe part timing at ambush/surrender this summer.. but im not sure yet b/c my weekday workload is a lot and i want some free time on weekends...

but yes ambush is the store im talking about.

It's kinda cool that some London shit is getting such big excitement from America, but i think it is completely shit and everyone is bored of this horrible trend here. Like the young chap said earlier in the thread, I was shocked to see it downstairs in DSM. IT's not really 'worthy' is it.

If you want to see something a bit more decent from young London designers, check places like B Store on Saville Row or something.