OMFG... I just did the math

lowrider

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen my signature lately?

I have to do this to balance out my spending from last year. I need to save up for school or a new DSLR cam this year. No new cothes bought since my last trip to san fran ^_^. It's amazing how much I've saved up... my burgeoning wallet will probably burst at the seams when I take a vacation to New York though...

Between reselling and having about no money to spend, I've probably spent less than the total cost of my Diors ($300) and in the process have accumulated a decent bit of clothing (MJ Vans, Carol Christian Poell, APC shoes to mention the biggies) since Feb 2006.

You gotta be thrifty as a bitch when you have as little to spend on this addiction as I do.

How cheap can your CCP be? I think even used, it is closed to the price of your Diors.

Whew... just filed my taxes. I broke even - perfect!

And I just made $700 today selling some old Ghost In The Shell stuff so I feel a lot better about my spending. Straight to my mutual fund is where that $700 is going!

Shameless plug: if anyone wants Masamune Shirow stuff (GITS, Appleseed, etc.) check this out:

http://www.takotech.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=284

What jacket? Kinda lost you brah...

Oh, i'm just publicly dropping dimes on the name mentioned in my signature after many many attempts through private messages. Figured that by getting it out in the open, he might finally pay up.

I know it's childish, but it's been two months and I want my money back.

Oh, i'm just publicly dropping dimes on the name mentioned in my signature after many many attempts through private messages. Figured that by getting it out in the open, he might finally pay up.

I know it's childish, but it's been two months and I want my money back.

Ah... My sympathies to you. But as this is an Internet forum I must call upon the wisdom of Pulp Fiction and say:

"My name is Paul and this shit is between y'all."

Good luck! Let me know if you ever wanna get a beer - I think we're the only 2 Hawaiian SuFu'ers!

Well, I'm ex-Hawaiian. I did two degrees (different time windows) at UH-Manoa. AKA: Hula High!

As for the topic, I did the math, but I'm putting my efforts into distracting my wife from doing it herself.

Bottom line, this forum IS expensive, but God, what fun!

:cool:

Well, I'm ex-Hawaiian. I did two degrees (different time windows) at UH-Manoa. AKA: Hula High!

As for the topic, I did the math, but I'm putting my efforts into distracting my wife from doing it herself.

Bottom line, this forum IS expensive, but God, what fun!

:cool:

Aloha! I forgot about you. Sorry! Thank goodness I don't live in SF or NY or I'd be broke!

Everyone spends to their line of credit. Different vice, same results.

Some people are spending $6K to $8K on a single bicycle! Granted, it'll be one of the lightest on the planet earth, and it will last a lifetime, but you get the point. Actually you can spend up to $12K on a single bicycle, if you wanted too (I'm talking the kind you have to pedal).

Just make sure the stuff you buy lasts years and years, or can be resold easily on ebay or on the seller's forum here.

Allcap

Everyone spends to their line of credit. Different vice, same results.

Some people are spending $6K to $8K on a single bicycle! Granted, it'll be one of the lightest on the planet earth, and it will last a lifetime, but you get the point. Actually you can spend up to $12K on a single bicycle, if you wanted too (I'm talking the kind you have to pedal).

Just make sure the stuff you buy lasts years and years, or can be resold easily on ebay or on the seller's forum here.

Allcap

That's my brother you just described. He's got so many bicycles and each one worth over $3K easily. Crazy.