Planet Earth on Discovery Channel

im ALL about this series. caught the tail end last night, but what i saw blew me away. trumps Blue Planet by far. seriously ILL sequences, animals, resolution, the works. a lot of animals in the supertrash "weird animals" thread make cameo's as well. best part is, its an 11 part series! also, if you get a chance to catch Exhibition Borneo on DSC, its also the business. peace.

So, deserts and frozen lands were no “Ocean Deep,†but Planet Earth once again comes through with uncompromising beauty and a truly moving depiction of animal life, all with Sigourney Weaver’s seductive narration.

Highlights include:

female penguins fighting to mother orphan chicks, driven by the parenting instinct they topple one another and eventual crush the cute, fluffy chick dead,

Walrus vs. Polar Bear, “clash of the artic titansâ€, Walrus comes through with an upset win, Polar Bear drowns in one of PE’s bleakest moments,

and in the desert, Flat Lizards leap to catch black flies mid-air in slow motion, they contort their bodies to reveal a colorful belly, which my girlfriend notes she'd like to have a bag made from.

Next week we’ve got plains and shallow seas, and once again I will be immersed in the television with a pack of Marbs and a 40 of Ole E.

once again I will be immersed in the television with a pack of Marbs two 40's of Ole E, and RAISED BY WOLVES

I just saw a lil clip of the Snow Leopard on the Discovery Channel website . Oh my Christ! That is a thing of beauty...

I want to get the DVD set for Wifey, but her birthday is in two days, and the shit doesn't drop till April 30th!!!!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH...!!!!

MUST HAVE PLANET EARTH!

Dude, they've got those snow leopards at the Bronx Zoo and they are for real. It's free on Wednesdays, I highly recommend checking it out before the summer tourist season.

I just found out that Oprah said Planet Earth is the best thing she's ever seen on TV.

I'd rather see a "pretend" Snow leopard in its natural environment licking its cub and killing those (almost as amazing) mountain goat-like creatures, than a "for real" one in some deppressingly small cage surrounded by idiots with camera phones....

The former has me brimming over with joy, the latter......

makes me want to kill.

(good looks on the info though)

I'd rather see a "pretend" Snow leopard in its natural environment licking its cub and killing those (almost as amazing) mountain goat-like creatures, than a "for real" one in some deppressingly small cage surrounded by idiots with camera phones....

The former has me brimming over with joy, the latter......

makes me want to kill.

(good looks on the info though)

I don't know shit about zoology or how those animals are treated, but it sure as fuck can be captivating to go there and watch. I used to live on 187th in the BX just a couple blocks from the Zoo, so I'd take walks through on Wednesdays when it was free. It really isn't so depressing, especially not with a coco "Catch the Flava" icy.

Tourists, on the other hand, catch bows in the ribs and loogies on their loafers.

Sigourney Weaver narrating huh? Interesting.

When it first aired on the BBC we had the venerable Sir David Attenborough.

We had a party over Christmas and projected the dvd on a wall behind the DJs, looked amazing.

Yeah, I'm a little confused. They are the same series with different narrators, right? I think I'd rather have the BBC ver. w/ D. Attenborough. I'm used to his voice on nature shows.