High quality T-shirts - where did you go?

XzifT

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I love Uniqlo plain tees. The fit is comfortable but not baggy and they're cut just long enough...for me anyway. For 4.50 each and 3 for 12 the quality is pretty nice. Come to think of it I think I wore one everday this week.

Personally I love Uniqlo plain tees. The fit is comfortable but not baggy and they're cut just long enough...for me anyway. For 4.50 each and 3 for 12 the quality is pretty nice. Come to think of it I think I wore one everday this week.

tally up one more vote for uniqlo. they are a great fitting, moderate quality, basics that are cheap as hell.

honestly, AAA's tees are very very good. almost indestructible. However the fit isnt for everyone....

fits horrible brand new

after a couple hard washes it shrinks down and fits pretty damn good...

i wouldnt say they're "very very good" or "almost indestructible" though...they develop holes in areas that get no wear o_O (in the middle of the back, on the torso area)

im not sure about the best, but I know hysteric glamour is the worst. I have 3 tees from them and at ~150 a pop they are the worst fitting, graphic fading, cheap cotton using, asian killing tee shirts i've put on my body (for that kind of money). But the graphics are just so beautiful and totally unique that the price worth it in my opinon. ALTHOUGH, I could just copy their prints and get them screen printed onto an American Apparel tee or something and save 125 dollars.

hmmmmmm

Does anyone know if Uniqlo will have those drifit tees they had last summer?

I wish I picked up more of those.

I didnt know what you were talking about at first but yeah I think they will. I think those are a regular item like the the plain tees, they just keep coming out with different colors.

Uniqlo are alright, they even do a premium quality cotton tee and in Japan it was 1000 yen. The normal cotton ones were 500 yen. Shape is good and fit is good (not too short).

I am after some pocket tees..... haven't seen these for a while. Any recommendations for those?

loopwheeler got the swiss cotton pocket tees.

My absolute favorite t-shirt by far is my taps raglan pocket tee

cimg00711ue.jpg

It's been with me though a ton of washes and wears with no loss in shape and fits awesome like the day I tried it on almost 2 years ago.

LW tees are also very nice but may be a bit much for near $100 after proxy-service and you also can't try them on. I was a little bit disappointed with The Flathead t-shirts when I saw them at SE the other day...those FH L/S shirts are definitely very very nice though.

APC always has some variety of Peru Pima tee shirt every season. Last season was stripey ones that I own one of (I do hate pima cotton though, it's all static-y and too soft for my taste), and this season is a plain one with some sort of odd hemming at the sleeves.

I love t-shirts. I have ones by loopwheeler, LVC, and lots of real vintage ones. Perhaps my favorite shirts are back, white, and some grey ones (one color) I got at jcrew in a 3 pack like 6 years ago. Some of the grey and white ones have stained since, so I gave then a wonderful new life by overdying them.

Bumping this up for more suggestions. I like heavy t-shirts so I just ordered some AAA, Hanes Beefy, and Gildan short-sleeves. I will be running comparison tests on all of them.

jiomitori--keen to hear from you about these comparisons.

serge, do you find that paying the premium for loopwheeler tees is worth it?

APC always has some variety of Peru Pima tee shirt every season. Last season was stripey ones that I own one of (I do hate pima cotton though, it's all static-y and too soft for my taste), and this season is a plain one with some sort of odd hemming at the sleeves.

Yeah, APC shirts are great except the sleeves were basically in my armpits on the gradient shirt.

serge, do you find that paying the premium for loopwheeler tees is worth it?

I don't know. I really don't like loopwheeler as much as a lot of other shirts. Plus, I don't like the logos. LVC shirts are great, also euro military shirts. I absolutely love loopwheeled American ringer shirts from the 80's though; especially 50%, 50%. They have such a cool texture and such great color you see these days. Many have cool simple graphics. I shit my pants whenever I find a nice one.

I believe it's 50% cotton, 50% polyester. The thinking is you get the best of both worlds, the breathability and softness of cotton plus the shape retention and durability of the synthetic polyester. Hope this helps TIP and sorry for jumping in Serge.

^^^^^^^

if i'm not wrong, it's usually 50% cotton + 50% polyester...

it fits n feels slightly diff...

on this t shirt note, anyone tried boege?

want to know how it is after constant wash n wear...

http://www.boegepolos.com/

they do plain ts but with slightly longer sleeves...

construction is pretty good, on the shoulder its a lil stiffer then most who uses only double layers of the same fabric, he uses something that heavier so the shape is a lil more structured...

quality is comparable to prada n all those brand imo...

prices are bout $100usd if i rem correctly...

any good suggestion for pima/egyptian-cotton tees? (No Visvim)

helmut lang for egyptian cotton (if you can still find some, somewhere, i think coldrice had a medium up for sale)

as for pima cotton, lad musician usually has a whole section for them up on the site. i think most of them are graphic tee's, though.