BLAST from the past ~ 1985

axtsang

So there I was, looking at old photos captured back in the day when my mother and father were going out. Check out the fading on my father's jeans. He claims that he thinks they were LEE's. Not 100% sure. Keep in mind, this was around 1985, 22 years ago! I'm amazed. Check out that whiskering! Great fit too!

123or0.jpg

Wow! Did you ask if he soaked/starched/wore for months without washing? My guess is not ;)

That's pretty impressive - I guess most people actually just had one pair of jeans and wore them solidly back then, rather than "rotating" 83 different pairs! I seriously doubt I could achieve anything close to that without getting bored and moving on to something newer and shinier...

Although not nearly as good, you reminded me of a photo took a couple of months ago when my fam got together - I'm on the far right in 2 week old LVC's... but check out my dad in his George from ASDA (a supermarket if you don't know) jeans rocking in the middle!

fam.jpg

Respect for the dads.

So there I was, looking at old photos captured back in the day when my mother and father were going out. Check out the fading on my father's jeans. He claims that he thinks they were LEE's. Not 100% sure. Keep in mind, this was around 1985, 22 years ago! I'm amazed. Check out that whiskering! Great fit too!

123or0.jpg

those are some of the nicest fades ive ever seen.

thats commitment. the indigo stayed near the higes but the rest of the jeans are pretty washed out.

i bet those dads weren't so quick to pick up the latest in skull the flathead etc fashions and just stuck with what fit for as long as possible

nice dad fades everyone

deadpan----your dad has great style, man. so cool. like a prog drummer. well, he looks like robert wyatt.

search1kz9.jpg

Umm...totally. Before I read your post, I thought "that looks just like Robert Wyatt".

I think I just "outed" my age.

nice dad fades everyone

deadpan----your dad has great style, man. so cool. like a prog drummer. well, he looks like robert wyatt.

search1kz9.jpg

Umm...totally. Before I read your post, I thought "that looks just like Robert Wyatt".

I think I just "outed" my age.

LOL. Cheers guys, I'd never thought to look up what Wyatt looked like even though i've loved his music for ages. 'Pigs? In there?!' Genius.;) I do, however, think Wyatt was jealous of my Dad's knee fades.