what are you eating today?

soepom

i was more commenting based off of my last experience with one..i don't know if it was just a matter of my body not being accustomed to whatever they use in their burgers or if one of the servers sneezed in my patty...but i felt pretty terrible for about a day and a half after eating it.

^fuck yes man.

i've been on such a low brow kick lately. fuck the pretentious high end shit.

over cooked hamburgers at cheap dirty diners

tallboys of budweiser in brown paper bags on the subway

new york post

same old clarks or vans or red wings

washed oxford shirts

dumplings

mcdonalds

movies with cheap laughs - no art house shit

FANTASY FOOTBALL

the mets

god bless america. life is good.

^fuck yes man.

i've been on such a low brow kick lately. fuck the pretentious high end shit.

new york post

movies with cheap laughs - no art house shit

the mets

god bless america. life is good.

word

There is such a disdain for these 3 things from NY Times readers. Nothing brings a brighter smile to my face in morning than a headline covers like these:

NYPost%20cover.jpg

14321768_f68906b483_o.gif

word

There is such a disdain for these 3 things from NY Times readers. Nothing brings a brighter smile to my face in morning than a headline covers like these:

NYPost%20cover.jpg

14321768_f68906b483_o.gif

don't get me wrong. i got love for expensive wine, tuesday science sections, hard to find belgian beers that cost upwards of $20 per bottle, chef's tasting menus, soccer, suits, french new wave cinema and the like - but goddamn does it feel good to be scummy.

As promised, barbecued pig pics. As large as the group was, we couldn't finish half of that shit.

5496ky.jpg

Ready to be served:

28u342v.jpg

To go with the meat:

bgpogi.jpg

Next day we had pork ribs and quite possibly the best, most tender cut of meat you will EVER taste. Probably my personal favorite. Beef shoulder clod smoked for 24 hours and then slowly cooked on the barbecue for 6 hours.

33acdhh.jpg

Where the rest of the evening was spent:

1z6e2vb.jpg

Bonus shot of a goat we roasted a few months ago:

2d7zszd.jpg

Guest sousvide
As promised, barbecued pig pics. As large as the group was, we couldn't finish half of that shit.

Ready to be served:

28u342v.jpg

To go with the meat:

bgpogi.jpg

Next day we had pork ribs and quite possibly the best, most tender cut of meat you will EVER taste. Probably my personal favorite. Beef shoulder clod smoked for 24 hours and then slowly cooked on the barbecue for 6 hours.

So what wine did you choose out of the cellar?

how did it stand up to burned to shit hog. I didn't know there were any wines that pair well with carcogenic filled pork.

Here's what real skin should look like:

dsc07295ig0.jpg

Two deboned, suckling pigs, filled with foie gras, brioche stuffing, truffle sausages, hardboiled eggs. And the skin was the best part.

So what wine did you choose out of the cellar?

how did it stand up to burned to shit hog. I didn't know there were any wines that pair well with carcogenic filled pork.

Here's what real skin should look like:

dsc07295ig0.jpg

Two deboned, suckling pigs, filled with foie gras, brioche stuffing, truffle sausages, hardboiled eggs. And the skin was the best part.

Ha hah. What a pompous douche.

This wasn't your gay little French piglet. It was a 150 lb hog cooked over an open wood fire; the weight of it broke our spit down half way through and we had to cook it directly on the grill, sacrificing the skin unfortunately. Less than 1 cm under the burnt cracklin was some of the most tender pork I've ever had. Nice try funny man.

Ha hah. What a pompous douche.

This wasn't your gay little French piglet. It was a 150 lb hog cooked over an open wood fire; the weight of it broke our spit down half way through and we had to cook it directly on the grill, sacrificing the skin unfortunately. Less than 1 cm under the burnt cracklin was some of the most tender pork I've ever had. Nice try funny man.

you didn't stuff you pigs with foie gras and truffles? you didnt marinate it in louis xiv cognac and krug? what a fucking loser you are.

you didn't stuff you pigs with foie gras and truffles? you didnt marinate it in louis xiv cognac and krug? what a fucking loser you are.

Well, I usually marinate in 52' Chateau Pétrus, stuff it's ass with 4 pounds of Beluga caviar and saffron, wrap it in Matsusaka beef and gold plate it while watching secret Anthony Bourdain episodes, but I took it easy this time.

People are here to have fun and post their food-eating experiences, not receive half-ass culinary critiques from a third rate sous-chef. WE GET IT, YOU LIKE TO COOK.

This isn't a goddamn competition.

^yup.

fyi - to foie gras pig boy... your shit sucks. i had some pig in hamburg last november, a big mofo, roasted by a giant bearded german dude. thats like 100's of years of swine roasting experience in his veins, all with no truffle flakes or yuzu marinade. cracklins were better than anything you've ever made.

Ah, my fault. Still, this was my first look and they look amazazing

Yep. Wish we had somewhere to get them in Socal. I'm guessing they'll be popping up somewhere in the next year or two. Seen more buzz than usual about them on random blogs, etc. lately.

Of course, they would be pretty easy to make if I wasn't too lazy......