concerts: coming, going, gone

nettiemoore

wavves @ mercury lounge was fucking great last night. i can't stand that lo-fi fx crap so hearing the songs w/ crisp vocals was welcomed change.

hah yeah. I'm down with lo-fi, but Wavves live is better than their recordings if only for the vocals.

Friend that went to that show said the crowd sucked compared to the Market Hotel one though..

APW is cool. I really hope that MBV plays another venue. Really don't feel like paying that much for a show.. :(

Definitely going to try and make it to the WFMU thing now. Thee Oh Sees are pretty great. I'm liking their newest record a lot.

Also, adding Cymbals Eat Guitars to April show list on the 19th.

ariel pink next friday

definitely one of the stranger performances i've seen. saw them open for animal collective, felt bad for the shit crowd that couldn't shut the fuck up. granted i was stoned out of my mind, but the changes in the music were cool but the crowd just talked above it.

yo I heard it's gonna be a big lame-fest readytoignite... If topshop is sponsoring Wavves and Crystal Stilts, you're gonna feel old and pretty stupid if you show up at a teen hipster shit-show like that.

no hate, just sayin. I'd go if it WASN'T sponsored by topshop (not that I have a problem with topshop), cause I think I'd enjoy it without the corporate string pulling behind the whole thing.

Probably not real popular around here but I'm seeing The Alkaline Trio/Saves the Day/Death in the Park tomorrow at the Starland Ballroom. I'm about five minutes from the Starland Ballroom, so parking isn't going to be bad, but we also went in for parking. This will be my third time seeing them there, so I'm stoked to see them.

Early May lineup:

May 1st, A Place to Bury Strangers/Dinowalrus @ Less Artists, More Condos

May 2nd, Kurt Vile/Sightings/Gary War @ Silent Barn

May 3rd, King Khan and the Shrines/Mark Sultan @ Santos

May 8th, Crystal Stilts/Blank Dogs/Religious Knives @ Bell House

May 9th, Awesome Color/USAISAMONSTER/Lots of bands @ Market Hotel

May 9th, So Cow/Pink Reason @ DBA

May 10th, Times New Viking/Blues Control/Woods/Blank Dogs @ Market Hotel

May 14th, NYC Popfest 09! My Teenage Stride/Knight School @ Cake Shop

May 15th, NYC Popfest 09! Cats on Fire @ Don Hills

May 15th, Dan Deacon/Future Islands/Teeth Mountain @ MH/Brooklyn Backyard

May 16th, NYC Popfest 09! Radio Dept./Pants Yell! @ Bell House

May 17th, Suburban Kids w/Biblical Names (!!!!!!)/Rose Melberg (!!!!!!!!) @ Cake Shop

May 22nd, Holy Fuck/APTBS/Crocodiles @ Music Hall

May 23rd, So So Glos/Double Dagger @ Market Hotel

Cats on Fire vs. Dan Deacon's gonna be a toughie for me...

^the first time they had that venue was it Crystal Stilts? I remember trying to look for the the damn door but alas my sense of direction failed me, ended up hanging with some friends. Did that show sold out ?

Curious why their show keeps selling out, Is it really that small that's why ? I understand the hype on Wavves and Blank Dogs show but tonight both APTBS and Dinowalrus doesn't really have that same hype. But then again I just saw LAMC being mentioned on Vice, the new cool spot?

i guess i'm going early then