should i sell my sneaker collection?

baskew

i have around 130 pair of dunks that i want to get rid of, should i or should i hold on them longer?

i dont wear them, don't need the money either...

it would be a pain in the ass to ship them... but I really don't care anymore...

What would you do?

Why would you want to hold onto them longer? Surely not EVERY pair isn't an exclusive hyperstrike collaboration dunk, so they probably aren't going up in value much. My advice would be to sell 120 pairs and keep 10 that are either very rare and might eventually be worth some more, or that are ones you truly like and wear.

Even for some of the rarer shoes, from what I have seen, they are probably already worth at least 90% of what you might get for them in a year, so the 'appreciation' isn't going to be enough for you to warrant them hogging your closet.

Buy some chelsea boots with the money. Get your grown man on.

even if you 'only' got 50 bucks a pair, you'd still be up $6500...i can think of a lot of things i'd rather do w/that money than watch it take up space in my house!

exactly.. $6500 is a helluva lot of money that could be put to better use than 130 pairs of kicks mate

Buy some chelsea boots with the money. Get your grown man on.

my grown man has been on.

----------

but yeah, thats the thought... i'm just really fucking over it... i wear the same two pair of pumas everyday,,,,

to short for the fixed... i wish 8/

as said consignment you best bet,ebay full of idiots rare stuff dosent go as people are to scared its fake and alot stuff goes for little,if you can be arsed take pics of it and stick it on forums selling threads etc,job lot auctions are ok but fee wise youl take abig hit and you wont get the best price for the bst pieces all depennds what you have to get rid of?i cant see market getting bigger price wise for the min it seems to be on the downward at the min peaking few yrs ago

haha i use to have a collection a lil deeper than that...now i have less then 25 and i'm trying to shrink it even more...just keeping what "heaters" i have left that I really hold dear and then gettin a few more casual type shoes (old skool pumas, vans, etc)

can i ask what compels someone to collect 130 sneakers, then sell them, is it forums like hype beast?

and then they find another forum like sufu and sort of convert to their aesthetics, whatever that means.

yeah id sell them or give them to a kid, brighten up their day.

sell most of them..and leave some that u really like..or for some reason u must keep them...and use the rest of the money to get some new shirt or jeans..dress up urself..intead of just getting a dope shoes on u ..haha that would be a good idea..

I used to have 90 plus jordans in my collection then i realized i was wearing a fraction of them and went on a selling spree now i probalby have like 15 jordans and the rest are assorted nikes making like 38. I tried to shrink it down as much as possible but it seems as if its growing again. I'm not gung ho on the sneaker shhh but its always in my blood. I still find myself lookin at sneaker sites and ebay for some sneakers. If u well off donate them, but asking superfuture if you should sell your sneaker collection seems like you want to so you ask someone that will tell you for sure to go through with it. You know suprefuture is not about that already . dudes here wear cowboy boots and dress shoes with their jeans lol.

$6500 =

bstone_red_sprint.jpg

+1 on this

but if i were riding that.. iono.. lol match the mavic disc with the mavic set.. get rid of the drops (since your not racing njs on the street) slap some tt bars/bullhorns so u get rid of that kashimax tt cap which looks so outta place on that bike. get some nice toeclips and ride on.. other than those listed that bike is uber gorgeous.