daft punk

asuzano

shoot space...... I ordered mine ages ago too! and no sign of them....

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody heard about Daft Punk's movie, Electroma?

I saw some screen shots of it, I thought it was pretty interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daft_Punk's_Electroma

ive seen this

the movie was actually a limited edition in holland, only being showed one time per cinema, and only 7 cinemas or something played it. it was pretty retarded and uberslow. should not have watched that one sober

ive seen this

the movie was actually a limited edition in holland, only being showed one time per cinema, and only 7 cinemas or something played it. it was pretty retarded and uberslow. should not have watched that one sober

I would disagree. While I am super biased in favor of Daft Punk, I thought the drawn out scenes worked really well.

It may seem impressive, but all it is is MIDI control surfaces linked to a Pro tools rig. So yea essentially the mix is playing and the knobs are assigned to different effects / sample parameters. It's also possible to control the lights this way, so Thomas could be on the music while Guy-Man plays the lights and vice-versa...

It's pretty foolproof as no direct computer interfacing or mouse clicking is recquired, thanks for posting that pic as i was really scratching my head as to how they could interact with the computer with those masks on !

I'm not so sure about this. 2x Minimoog Voyagers, USB controllers and Jazzmutant touchscreens and you think they're just tweaking effects? Why does the set vary a bit at some shows?

i'm not too big of a daft punk fan, maybe seeing them live will change my mind. as for their movie electroma, i thought it fucking rocked.

I'm not so sure about this. 2x Minimoog Voyagers, USB controllers and Jazzmutant touchscreens and you think they're just tweaking effects? Why does the set vary a bit at some shows?

Well the Jazzmutant is pretty much a fancy midi surface controller, and those are MIDImoogs, essentially rackmounted mini's. As you probably know, there is no keyboard or sequencer on those, so its pretty safe to assume they are either used as extra controllers or slaved to pre-programmed sequences via an external seq.

Also, I never said they were just tweaking fx, they're also mixing, triggering, editing sequences and possibly controlling the lights as well..

Not trying to downplay anything, it's actually way cooler than just using a laptop like 99% of electronic artists these days! But imo, it doesn't touch the Homework days when the rig was: TR808, TR909, TB303, Juno 106, SP1200, Sherman bank filters, good ol mackie board etc...

i was at the daft punk show in L.A at the sports arena and it amazin'. i told my friend right after that it was life changing haha.

just everything was great. the stage was awesome, lights were crazy and crowd was really into it.

did anyone go to one in L.A?

here the erol alkan forum post where that pic came from.

and heres a video of the daft boys 'unmasked' a few years prior to Homework.

1996 rave in Wisconsin. wild.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaq285eGnLA

thomas on the turntables, guy manuel to the left, consulting.

(to note authenticity of the vid, look at the inside sleeve of the 'homework' booklet. the pic of thomas & guy is from this rave. notice blurred out tall white dude on the right, same one in the vid, same jackets, etc. etc. etc.)

Yea i already posted that vid a bit earlier in the thread heh, but do realise there are no records or turntables, it's all generated live from analogue machines which makes it so much more amazing!

Here is another way more polished live set from 97:

Heres a link to register for it, its free online and $10 at the door. The flyer for it is below-

http://newyork.going.com/invite-7312?mb_thread=4612&hlg_anchor=subject_4612&specific_thread=1

fuck the free online part already sold out!! :(

ed banger is going to be there :(

i might have to buy a ticket!

oh my god that was amazing.

let me tell you, i've never seen two people control a crowd for that long that well.

thomas & guy were getting soo into it too.. clapping, pumping their fists n shit.

i was next to dude who saw them in instanbul and said that their set for lolla was realll different than what'd they'd done when he'd seen them.

here's a taste...

oh well... time to go see stephen marley/cold war kids/yeah yeah yeahs/interpol

peace!

i was at the daft punk show in L.A at the sports arena and it amazin'. i told my friend right after that it was life changing haha.

just everything was great. the stage was awesome, lights were crazy and crowd was really into it.

did anyone go to one in L.A?

yes and it was the most amazing show i've ever been to in my life. i bought tickets to see them at vegoose in vegas because there is no way i'd ever pass up another show of theirs. sorry to anyone who missed it....atleast you're getting a second chance with vegoose. the show is definitely worth way more than most ticket prices you can come up with..

ive seen what i consider to be a lot of great shows in my life. this summer i saw hot chip, beirut, lcd soundsytem, arcade fire, among others. daft punk's show at keyspan last night was by far the best show of the summer and probably the best show ive ever been to. i had a shit eating grin on my face the whole time and.

FUCKING AMAZING!!! i wish i was going again tonight, and tomorrow, and the day after...

I will be forever kicking myself in the ass..... I missed the show lastnight & had tickets. My lady got home from work late and was exhausted. So I decieded not to go and stay home. I'm still heartbroken!