daft punk

asuzano

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like daft punk, I think they have a huge influence in some electronic groups today.

this is a cool link, you can hear almost all the original songs sampled by daft punk:

http://palmsout.blogspot.com/2007/02/sample-wednesday-27-daft-punk.html

Wow! That link is sweet! I love hearing all of the songs that are sampled in hip hop/rap and anything else that uses samples. Good find!

Uh no. Daft punk is amazing. Especially live. You don't know what you're talking about.

Uh no. Daft punk are just dj's that dress up and make sub-par EDM. Their touring manager/stage director(s) are amazing. Amazing is a really overused adjective.

daft punk sucks

why even give a proper reply to this?

you know, i like satoshi tomiie as well, but i could easily say that satoshi tomiie sucks just for the hell of it. if you don't like daft punk, why even post in this thread? why not just start a satoshi tomiie thread? clearly this thread is not intended to be a discussion about whether daft punk sucks or not, rather its to be a discussion about their first north america tour in almost a decade.

daft punk sucks

end yourself.

anyway yeah, I read that they're doing an American tour a few days ago and I'm so unbelievably pumped. I'll be first in line to buy tickets to the Seattle show.

for any Daft Punk fans out there, here's an .mp3 of Daft Punk playing live at Coachella in 2006. It's amazing :D

http://www.dailybeats.de/file-vault/audio/misc/daft-punk-live-coachella-usa-april-2006.mp3

I didn't find that performance very impressive, it doesn't sound well rehearsed and there's like 10 guys on stage and it sounds like only 3 of them are making any sounds. I guess it's pretty funny but it doesn't do the original song justice.

daft punk sucks

ok, i used to think the same thing!!! but i was so wrong!!! when Daft Punk got popular in the late 90s, many of my friends got into them, but i always refused to hear anything from them and always said they sucked, because well, they had videos playing constantly on tv, no respectable/good band would have videos playing all the time on MTV. so for years, i stayed in my stupid state of mind that Daft Punk was some kind of pop electronic band like Moby and that they sucked. anyway, i don't know why but recently, i've DL their records and put them on my Ipod and realized how wrong i was all this time, Daft Punk is really good, not to mention that their live show looks awesome. August 7 they'll be in MTL, i'll be there for sure...

On the topic of Daft Punk and Toronto...

Justice is playing at the end of March :eek:

yeahhh im catching the ed banger tour in san francisco then los angeles a few days later. although the los angeles date may just be dj mehdi (he's the only one w/ info on this date).

I guess you guys make a good point, honestly I've never seen them live, I'm saying from what I've heard recorded I dont like their sound.

maybe a little out of my way to say "daft punk sucks" in this thread, but I'm not trying to be cool by "going against the grain", just my view. If I see them live in this up and comming tour maybe that will change.....

i remember being really into them when they first came out. first saw the video on some late night electronic show on mtv that i used to stay up and watch. apparently dudes got $3 mil to play coachella but it could easily be a rumor.

ok, i used to think the same thing!!! but i was so wrong!!! when Daft Punk got popular in the late 90s, many of my friends got into them, but i always refused to hear anything from them and always said they sucked, because well, they had videos playing constantly on tv, no respectable/good band would have videos playing all the time on MTV. so for years, i stayed in my stupid state of mind that Daft Punk was some kind of pop electronic band like Moby and that they sucked. anyway, i don't know why but recently, i've DL their records and put them on my Ipod and realized how wrong i was all this time, Daft Punk is really good, not to mention that their live show looks awesome. August 7 they'll be in MTL, i'll be there for sure...

I guess it is better to say that I don't really care for Daft Punk in comparison to the attention they get. I definitely respect them for what they have done (and are still doing) but I think that comparied to most other house(ish) acts they aren't anything special. If people like mysterious people in strange costumes that play catchy electronic music then we should focus our attention on people like Dr Lektroluv.

I saw daft punk when I was like 15 and that same nite was my first experience with ecstasy and honestly I don't remember a thing so correct me if I am wrong but don't daft punk just stand around play their own records? As in they don't play an actual dj set? Thus, if everyone is saying "oh dude you gotta see em' live111!!11" than don't you think that credit should goto the roadies and the people involed with the visual aspect of the 'daft punk live show' like the set directors?

And what the hell is wrong with Moby? Play was fucking awesome and Hotel made me cry... much love for Moby.