Twee Punk Saved My Life

Icarus

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Yeah, I saw em again at Popfest the other week. They need more love.

I'd go to the Cakeshop one but the 21+ thing kills me.

Also, Tullycraft was awesome. Sad I wasn't able to catch 'em at Pianos, but I saw 'em at the "secret show" at Cake Shop which was pretty cool. I'm also still kicking myself for not finding a way to get to either of the Cats on Fire shows.

Sadly, I've only begun to listen to 'em recently (past couple of months or so) so I missed out on them when they played here.

As for the pains show, it's 21+ so I don't know if I can make it. I'm going to be in the area at the time, so I might see if I can still get in somehow. I've seen 'em twice but never as a headliner, so it'd be cool to see 'em play to a crowd thats into 'em as much (and moreso) than I am.

i love this thread. i dig the genre as a whole, but have never really known too many bands to look for. now i've got somewhere to start, at least.

does anybody like Best Friends Forever? their song "MyHead In Front Of Your Head" got stuck in my head at seven last night and was not dispelled by sleep. soooo catchy, so adorable, so good. i guess they may actually be more indiepop than twee punk, but it's the only thing i have to contribute to the thread.

Pains were good at popfest--were you guys at that music hall show?

Mhm. I left after the Orchids show though cuz I was running around the whole day.

I also caught that Tullycraft + Cannanes show at Cakeshop earlier that day which was pretty awesome. Tullycraft <3.

milky wimpshake...anyone?

another sunny day - you all should be murdered...? (a personal anthem...:D)

tullycraft, boyracer, beat happening, and the feelies* -- classics i loved since highschool. :]

nice thread.

yesssssss! i have been listening to 'lovers, not fighters' so much recently. MW are so awesome.

and i love another sunny day so much. especially you should all be murdered, and anorak city.

also, i am so jealous (again) Fookums. i would kill to see the cannanes. did they play 1991?

yeahp--smiths rip off. did you want to be congratulated on pointing out the obvious?

got around to finally grabbing some early television personalities...pretty cool post-punk stuff--don't really see how it's tweepunk. six cents and natalie is next on my list.

i love this thread. i dig the genre as a whole, but have never really known too many bands to look for. now i've got somewhere to start, at least.

does anybody like Best Friends Forever? their song "MyHead In Front Of Your Head" got stuck in my head at seven last night and was not dispelled by sleep. soooo catchy, so adorable, so good. i guess they may actually be more indiepop than twee punk, but it's the only thing i have to contribute to the thread.

eisenhower is the father is amusing :)

since i missed popfest im going to the pains gig tomorrow anyone planning on going there pm me!

yeahp--smiths rip off. did you want to be congratulated on pointing out the obvious?

got around to finally grabbing some early television personalities...pretty cool post-punk stuff--don't really see how it's tweepunk. six cents and natalie is next on my list.

says the guy who's just now picking up early tvp....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yo I'm bumping this cuz I can.

Los Campesinos!'s new album is pretty good. I think I'm liking it more than their first.

I've been also listening to a lot of Boyracer and Ethnobabes lately.

Good shit all around.

I just came back from Love is All also, not exactly Twee-punk but fuck labels, they're fucking great and there's nowhere else better suited to talking about them on sufuz.

I also saw caUSE co-MOTION last week and they're great live. Definitely have to catch more of their shows. And I'm pretty sure they at least fit into this thread.

And then heading to Pants Yell! next week which should be great. Sad I missed em at popfest but I need more twee gigs in my life.