someone here who has a pair of kohzo denim?

WOW...

never heard of it before... but for what I read on the site, those fabrics they use are amazing!

Kevlar, Silk, Sasawashi, Paper! not to mention Zimbabwe ORGANIC cotton and vegetable dyes.

don't know about the fit and the design tho.

those seem beautiful jeans, especially the natural indigo denim. lots of exotic ingredients i didn't know can be woven into denim fabric, i.e. kevlar, bamboo...WOW!!! any of you new yorkers willing to stop by their local retailer and have a look? i would be very surprised if you can find them at less than $300.

They look like they're pretty low rise from the pictures, but it could just be really long inseams giving it that effect. Anyway, I agree that they look really sick.

And Geowu, I know. That's the problem with women (as if its the only one..) icon_smile.gif My lady friend has some PDCs, and I was like "nice denim," and then tried to explain what ring-ring is. Anyway, yea. I had to shut up real quick. By the time I'm done with her, she'll be wearin Nomad Tribe or some other approvable (by me) and exclusive brand, and she'll know why they're good!

I'll pick up a pair when I go to berlin 27-29th. I'll write an review for The Arc (Guess what it is) but I'll let people see it if they're interested as well.

Denim Fanatismé.

The Arc - Hitting the selvage from August 1st 2005.

frogeyes: "dontcare, who cares."

xx01.gif

Quote:

they must cost a fortune in euros bro.

weak ass dollar. thats instantly 40% more.

but that kevlar thing is so slick. mmmmmh. i'm feeling a movement in my jeans. it's in the upper area.

--- Original message by misterdobalina on May 11, 2005 04:13 PM

haha...you're hot for kevlar???

Those natural indigo jeans look pretty sweet. Too bad there aren't more pictures and details about the cuts on the website (or did I miss something?).

• 4 weeks later...

345 euros to be correct. all mixed yarns (high tech yarns) are not selvage. all cost around 345.

just the pure cotton line is selvage (325 euro).

but cuts are NOT good (most are bell bottoms and too high) kind of gay cuts..i couldnt fit into a 32 (my size) really tight. also no love for details (only the suede patch is ok, but logo looks cheap). and the selvage denim is kind of low quality when feeling and touching it. i guess its some 9oz stuff. also most have fly zippers, which i think is wack and looks cheap.

but good is they have this sasawashi material which makes nice effects and marks on the denim. looks interesting. the kevlar was nothing special tho.look and feel were normal. just like any other plain jeans. theres 7% kev mixed in.

i guess the other mixed yarns are similar.

so in my eyes not worth buying and a little disappointing i must admit, since i expected more.

also regarding the selvage line : for that price i can get 3 better pairs of other reputable selvage brands.

From the site, although it is hard to say, I got the impression too that the cuts and styles were not that good. Maybe some other company can buy their high-tech fabrics and make stylish jeans... like Dior Homme, Helmut Land, Jil Sander, APC.

Edited by Geowu on Jun 4, 2005 at 08:45 PM

Those jeans are not made entirely of kevlar. The most likely part of the jean that uses kevlar fibre would only be the thread and not the actual denim itself. AFAIK, kevlar cannot be made into anything that resembles in both appearance and texture either denim or cloth. It's just doesn't seem possible, for one the jeans would be heavy as shit, hot as hell (kevlar is not breathable) and extremely expensive to produce. Kevlar resembles nylon in both texture and appearance but is heavier and usually has a more 'plasticy' feel to it (for lack of a better word). Using Kevlar thread for clothing however is more common.

Edited by Circa on Jun 4, 2005 at 07:34 PM

The kevlar is probably a percentage of the woven fabric, rather than just the stitching IMO

Kevlar denim exists already. See these links:

http://www.texland.co.kr/whatsnew.asp

http://www.duluthtrading.com/items/85352+DNM+MED.asp

http://www.dickies-europe.com/index.php?act=2,1,63,,,,

AFAIK, Dunderdon also made kevlar denim pants in 2000 called the P-Zero.

Hmmm... That's surprising actually. Most of what I know about kevlar is about its use in the tactical/protective gear area. The majority of the products I've seen which utilized kevlar -excluding ballistic vests- claimed a percentage of kevlar similar to the ones shown in the above sites but in almost all cases the only portion of the material in which kevlar was evident were the threads used in the seams. But I guess they may have made some advances in the use of kevlar since last I checked. From what I know, kevlar is a very heavy coarse material, and generally it cannot be woven into as tight or thin a fabric as say nomex or cordura. The benefits of kevlar however are multi-fold, it's abrasion resistance is extremely high and it is very heat resisitant, in fact moreso than nomex.

• 1 year later...

I got a pair of the sasawashi jeans last week on Yoox's 50% off sale, orginal tag says 349 Euro, but ended up paying only around $67! Anyhow, these are super nice, soft (eek!!) nice blend of 60% cotton and 40% sasawashi. Denim is very very nice, and very streaky. Leather patch is like suede. Great deal in my opinion. check the pics as I have never seen these in the flesh/detailed before I bought them. Non selvedge btw

http://www.kohzo.ch/sasawashi.html

DSC03059-780019.JPG

DSC03057-768028.JPG

DSC03056-771868.JPG

DSC03055-774925.JPG