H&M Raw denim

stevoe88

Just got into raw denim, so bare with me if it looks bad. My first pair were a pair of STF 501's from levis. Didn't like anything about it ... hard to fade and the rise was too high. After that I bought a pair of RRL premium selvedged. I like it, but I wanted somthing more slim fit, opposed to straight leg/boot leg.

When I was in San Francisco, I went into H&M and bought these ... Raw Denim SLIQ's. They're basically slim fit raw denim. I had them for about a day now, i'm getting some sharp honeycombs, overall I'm liking them :P tell me what you guys think.

100_1427.jpg

100_1428.jpg

100_1430.jpg

Just starched to speed up the honeycombing process. I brushed off the excess starch so it doesn't look all powdery anymore.

I don't understsand why mine look completely black. They've never looked blue under any light and I know I got the raws because a ton of indigo came out when I soaked them and they have the sticker that warns of 2-5% shrinkage or whatever. I see them in SF all the time and they all look black too. For those that care, they also have one or two new fits in raw. They have a denim jacket that warns of indigo loss and talks a little bit about fading but I noticed they all have tiny wear marks around edges like a one wash.

And to Flock, they're all about $40.

Yeah, I don't know. Mine look black. I suppose I'll try to take a picture sometime. I got size 28 but the H&M in SF doesn't carry 28 anymore... at least for the moment. 29 is the smallest in any of the raw fits. Maybe the ones I got are odd ones. And you all got them in SF? Because to me they all look black and the size 28's measured to about a 30.5 before soaking.

In case anyone cares.. H&M in SF does have 3 pairs of raw denim "Sliq" which are straight leg and skinny, "Original" which are straight leg and regular, and "&Now" which are skinny and tapered. All $39.99.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't washed them yet, but they're a bit on the long side in terms of breaking in. The waist only stretched about 1-2cm after wearing them for a month or so. When I got my Nudie Slim Jim Drys they broke in much faster. (Just a bit longer to fade than the dry japans, but I'm loving the color contrast) H&M denim from what i've heard has a long break-in/fading period. Probably going to take an extra month or two to get a cool fade as my nudies.

they break in like a stick of shit. burn them and get something else (scout the forum) if you're after hella mint fadez. they're fine if you're after the fit and sleeping with females and whatnot. congrats on a bargain if that's what you want. but you need to realise:

fades > females.

they break in like a stick of shit. burn them and get something else (scout the forum) if you're after hella mint fadez. they're fine if you're after the fit and sleeping with females and whatnot. congrats on a bargain if that's what you want. but you need to realise:

fades > females.

this is one of the greatest things ever said on superfuture.

• 8 months later...
I am lookin to pick up a pair due to the really low price. Does anyone know the model name or where I can take a look at them online. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks SUFU.

I'm not sure what model you want but their straight leg slim fit is called H&M "Sliq" Denim I believe. It's a pretty cool fit for the price.

i picked up a pair of sliqs for $40 a while ago as my first pair of raw denim.

they're cut fantastically and actually fade quite well.

but: mine stretched like a motherfucker and turned supersoft after running through a fountain. needless to say, they're not retired.

so, i think it's safe to say they were good for the first month or two

• 2 weeks later...