Cinch-Back Jeans

aubrgene

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These would be a better choice in my opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Levis-1929-Buckle-Back-201-Denim-Jeans-Big-E-33x34-MINT_W0QQitemZ190080829352QQihZ009QQcategoryZ52386QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

These are probably my favorite cinch backs along with my 1886s and the 37 201s close behind.

Heres my 1886s just to refresh memories

IMG_6017.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

IMG_6020.jpg

IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

IMG_6024.jpg

Got the 201, the 1937 501 and 201 also got a pair of the duffer denim cinch back selvage that came out a few years ago. Also the 501 calloway that has the cinch back cut. The Edwin is one of my favorites -- would love to get that cinch back. I also have my eye on a couple of the lees.

Just got the lvc 501 1890 -- Did you see this?

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=21410

Yes.. I actually have a pair of those jeans from PD&C. They're very nice but denim quality is not as good as I would have wanted. That's why I'm thinking of getting another pair. They're very nice for the summer months ahead.

when i was in osaka i saw a handful of people wearing an edwin version of the 1890 jean, raw, 1 back pocket, cinch back. could not find them in person and cannot find them online. still disappointed.

Damn!!! Those are a blatant Levis repro -- I think that might have been the lvc 201 without the cloth patch. Looks great wish I could get those unfotunately they do have my size.

synthi- Guilty as charged. I'll be 35 in a couple of weeks. Don't watch it much, if ever, but that show was pretty damn funny.

hjj- they are nice, aren't they? I wonder if Warehouse sacrificed a deadstock pair of 1910 bucklebacks to get it right. Those look more right than the LVC version, but I guess that's no big surprise.

B&B is so funny, even all these years later the somewhat twisted schoolboy humour gets me everytime! Can't believe it;s the same dude doing the two voices :D

These Warehouses seem like the most beautiful of all repros ever. I'm trying to figure out just how I missewd them when they came out :(

aubrgene, How about these? Normal superb Flat Head construction and attention to detail:

s5003_b-mid.jpg

Available from mid/end March. Sizes 25-34, 36 & 38. Raw 13.5oz selvedge.

Drop me a note for more info Arcuate and tags on the current production run will likely be different from the above (for obvious reasons!)

Do you have a link where I can get these? How much they run?
damn, I had been hoping the 1004 would go by unnoticed.. I've been trying to get enough money for a pair for a long time now.

Check this out: You might be able to get your size horriblejollyjinx

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/460158/616644/699414/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwarehouse%2B1004xx%2B%2Brakuten%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Can someone illuminate me as to the differences in fit between the 1920 and 1930 Warehouse jeans?

Thanks,

-Jake

I believe the 1920 is more full cut as opposed to the 1930 which is more of a regular cut. More like the classic lvc 55 cut.

Think lvc 201 1920 vs lvc 201 1937

Interesting - the reason I asked was earlier in the this thread they mention the 1930's having a high rise and it was implied the 1920's didn't as much. Is that true?

-Jake

Interesting - the reason I asked was earlier in the this thread they mention the 1930's having a high rise and it was implied the 1920's didn't as much. Is that true?

-Jake

I have both and the 1920 has maybe an inch and a half more than the 1930 -- the difference is really not that significant.

synthi- Guilty as charged. I'll be 35 in a couple of weeks. Don't watch it much, if ever, but that show was pretty damn funny.

hjj- they are nice, aren't they? I wonder if Warehouse sacrificed a deadstock pair of 1910 bucklebacks to get it right. Those look more right than the LVC version, but I guess that's no big surprise.

They look great but if they're suppose to be 1910 Levis they shouldn't have belt loops.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...