Converse x Fragment Design Hiroshi ver. all star low & high

Bootlegs

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they don't. they're just normal chucks except for the fagment logo and the fagment colorway.

Can someone please explain to me why anyone would want them then? I'm just curious...

I think they look good, the black toecap and white eyelet holes are nice simple variations from the basic. If you are a chuck taylor fan then i think these are a good addition to your collection.

Sure you can argue they are overpriced for what they are, but that argument can be applied to almost everything we talk about here.

I think they look good, the black toecap and white eyelet holes are nice simple variations from the basic. If you are a chuck taylor fan then i think these are a good addition to your collection.

Sure you can argue they are overpriced for what they are, but that argument can be applied to almost everything we talk about here.

Oh, I skimmed through the thread quickly and those I saw where exactly like a regular chuck colourway (black everything with white soles) but with an added logo on the back that made it too busy. To be fair I like the iconic nature and impression of disposability of regular chucks, especially associated with more high-end designers pieces so I have a hard time liking alternative versions. Do you have pics of the ones you mentioned?

I know exclusivity and who you’re associated with (in term of brands, which goes beyond looks) is very relevant in the streetwear scene but I’m often a baffled by the low quality and lack of quality/inventive designs presented.

the white eyelets were a no go. black eyelets on the released product.

the white eyelets were a no go. black eyelets on the released product.

oops. thanks for that info. I was going by the pic apu posted, quoted here for Fuuma to see what I was on about:

edit: another pic of the fragment collabo i found

070522121436770.jpg

Huf sold out before I ever got there to see them in person. I know at least one person posted with the production version in one of the waywt threads but I can't find the pic.

Oh, I skimmed through the thread quickly and those I saw where exactly like a regular chuck colourway (black everything with white soles) but with an added logo on the back that made it too busy. To be fair I like the iconic nature and impression of disposability of regular chucks, especially associated with more high-end designers pieces so I have a hard time liking alternative versions. Do you have pics of the ones you mentioned?

I know exclusivity and who you’re associated with (in term of brands, which goes beyond looks) is very relevant in the streetwear scene but I’m often a baffled by the low quality and lack of quality/inventive designs presented.

well, you viewed them wrong apparently(or maybe viewed the picture of normal hi's that someone posted), because they do indeed vary in look in a few ways

normal chuck taylor hi's in black:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/605466/c/3.html

hiroshi(fragment) hi's:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CONVERSE-HIROSHI-FRAGMENT-CHUCK-TAYLOR-HI-VISVIM_W0QQitemZ250170210610QQihZ015QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

black sole, black toebox, black laces, no white stitching, leather converse patch on the side, small fragment logo, etc are some differences in look that set them apart

also, the stores stocking them i spoke to mentioned that they have more "padding" or what you may call it, similar to the jv converse

for $72, 30 more than norm, ill give them a shot

well, you viewed them wrong apparently(or maybe viewed the picture of normal hi's that someone posted), because they do indeed vary in look in a few ways

black sole, black toebox, black laces, no white stitching, leather converse patch on the side, small fragment logo, etc are some differences in look that set them apart

also, the stores stocking them i spoke to mentioned that they have more "padding" or what you may call it, similar to the jv converse

for $72, 30 more than norm, ill give them a shot

Errr, there are many variations of black chucks, including some with black soles, toebox, laces and leather converse patch (probably pleather). I'm not sure they come with white soles but its such a common variation chances are they do. You'd be surprised at the range of their catalog. But I admit there are no Fragment logo, which is why you probably researched those differences in the first place, seeing you didn't even bother to see if they existed for regular Chucks.

Errr, there are many variations of black chucks, including some with black soles, toebox, laces and leather converse patch (probably pleather). I'm not sure they come with white soles but its such a common variation chances are they do. You'd be surprised at the range of their catalog. But I admit there are no Fragment logo, which is why you probably researched those differences in the first place, seeing you didn't even bother to see if they existed for regular Chucks.

why do you care so much?

why do you care so much?

Because I like discussing fashion and I'm interested in what motivates people to appreciate and consume it?

Sometimes its also revealing to challenge people's choice a little bit, because it makes them reflect on those choices. England started a memorable thread on "overpriced goth-ninja stuff" or something and it was great.

But I admit there are no Fragment logo, which is why you probably researched those differences in the first place, seeing you didn't even bother to see if they existed for regular Chucks.

ooooh, ouch. truth hurts. to be honest, a lot of the shine would be off the fragment brand if they didn't strive so hard to make everything super limited.

well, actually you couldnt be more wrong in saying that i did not bother to look, and in reference to there being a type similar to these, you made an incorrect and inflammatory assumption. I dont know if you took my initial post in response to yours as negative or insulting, but was that not my intent

over the past 3 weeks, i have been looking for a new pair of these, as my last pair is trashed.

I purchased and returned 3 different variations of chuck taylors from zappos, as I didnt find any of them to be suitable enough for what i was looking for, including both normal black(too generic) and monochrome black(make my feet look too small), etc. Not to mention the websites and pages and pages i recently poured over, looking at the countless variations of this shoe

I dont even really know what fragment is(i have seen the fragment logo on some products, but i am generally ignorant of the brand), and I think edison chen is of no consequence whatsoever(i personally think he is a moron, from what little i can gauge of him after viewing his blog). I also thoroughly dislike the HK and related streetwear styles

there are several variations that have aspects of this shoe, such as the monochrome blacks, normal blacks, and so on, but none that are similar in most of the aspects combined, which is why I decided to go with these. I like the look of them better than others(the fragment logo is neither here nor there, but in my opinion it is does not detract), and the extra padding the SA's mentioned is a plus that helps to support the extra price.

also, this thread popping up on sufu correlated well with my looking to get a new pair; if i had not seen it, i probably wouldnt have even known these had been released

I purchased them for $72, 30 above the price of normal chucks, from that place in portland that a user mentioned a few posts up(much thanks by the way).

i think that will help you to understand why someone would want these shoes, besides the obvious reason of label beasting

Guest jmatsu

i've already got my hustle on. i'm done. you've missed the boat, please don't ask me to get these anymore.

fuuma is making alot of vaid points. nobody would want these if they weren't associated with hf or fagment. there are so many cheaper inline converse that look much nicer. from the patent purcells to even those chicago luis vuitton textile looking joints. go to japan and you'll find alot nicer models. the fragment shoe actually reminds me of an old shoe that junya watanabe cdg released.

personally the only converse high-profile shoe from the u.s. that has been doing it for me are the jv crazy laces. the new vintage/painted "crazy-laces" ones look great.

basically i find these fagment converse just some filler for people who didn't have the resources and time to get their hands on hf nike. hf was pretty much making an easy buck and killing time by agreeing to slap his fuckin label on these. sure these may seem nice, but they ain't stellar nor will you get much street cred by owning them.

thanks to all that bought these from me.

nobody would want these if they weren't associated with hf or fagment.

at your 50+ dollar markup over the 72 retail, i did not want them, correct.

at an extra 30 dollars for a pair of shoes that some will inevitably like better than normal black chucks, such as myself, no, you are incorrect

Guest jmatsu
at your 50+ dollar markup over the 72 retail, i did not want them, correct.

at an extra 30 dollars for a pair of shoes that some will inevitably like better than normal black chucks, such as myself, no, you are incorrect

that's fine, but what many like yourself don't understand is the logicistics of captialsim and a free market. you probably don't understand what "resellers" have to go through just to proxy some "in demand" product.

many here obviously don't have the resources and research capabilities to find something nicer and cheaper, probably yourself included. anyway hopefully sufu can help you with this.

that's fine, but what many like yourself don't understand is the logicistics of captialsim and a free market. you probably don't understand what "resellers" have to go through just to proxy some "in demand" product.

many here obviously don't have the resources and research capabilities to find something nicer and cheaper, probably yourself included. anyway hopefully sufu can help you with this.

oh, i understand capitalism quite well

i never said what you were doing was wrong or horribly simple, i merely said that at 135 shipped, i didnt want them; the free market at work

niceness is in the eyes of the beholder, and i like the look of them- nothing more needs to be said

Guest jmatsu
oh, i understand capitalism quite well

i never said what you were doing was wrong or horribly simple, i merely said that at 135 shipped, i didnt want them; the free market at work

niceness is in the eyes of the beholder, and i like the look of them- nothing more needs to be said

fine, but would you seriously beast over these up if they were at your local pacsun and such? if you want these as an investment or to put in the freezer, i can understand...

"niceness is in the ey of the beholder." thanks for this bit of knowledge-niceness.

im not beasting over anything, just buying a pair of chuck taylors

thats what it comes down to

if these were on zappos for example, yes, i would have purchased them

i personally think they look better than the standard canvas black hi tops

you may disagree, but the extra 30 dollars for these is worth it to me for a style i like better and "extra padding"

and if for some reason(which i doubt) i end up not liking them, i can put em on ebay and some sucker will probably buy them for much more than i paid

fragment must have a huge stigma with some of you guys, considering how hard it is for you to believe that someone would want these shoes(which are by no means a specifically hypebeast-styled item) for something other than the hyped label