the hundreds are pretty cocky.

Guest freedomfighter

As much as I agree with the points made here about the interview and the status of streetwear--this thread is becoming as trite as the interview itself. We've been through the arguments of the globalization of streetwear culture and underground streetwear.

Let's move on. It was happening, is happening, and already happened at the same time. The only hope we have of salvaging the nostalgia we long for in streetwear is to move beyond this.

selegna is one bitter dude. talking as much generalities as bobby was. he was spouting bullshit, and so are you. all this nonsense about 'man teh internets be stealin my steez'. you morons sound like that one dude at parties who always talks about how he was 'the man in high school'. backwards looking idiots.

youre just a CONSUMER. how the hell can streetwear claim people sold out when the entire culture is just based on buyin shit. how genuine can a 'culture' be when it boils down to snotty kids buying tshirts.

the "streetwear" scene has gone from people trying to look unique and different to a fucking uniform.

I'm just sitting back and watching now, because the whole "subculture" WILL implode, and no matter how much Bobby Hundreds (or ALMOST any other related "brand") is trying to fight it, he/they are actually contributing to it.

There is some truth to "Don't be bitter, be better", but it's hard to get past the metric assloads of pure bullshit.

^ People need to chill out. I guarantee you that a lot of people hating on bobby would trade places with him in a sec. Everybody needs to understand that no matter how you look at "streetwear" or "street culture" it's all a business. Making money is what it boils down to at the end of the day.

Its like saying Nudie bastardized raw denim by selling them to every f'in shop on the block. Same shit. Or even worse it's like saying Stussy sold out. Which he did. It is inevitable trends come and go and at the end of the day its about paper.

he talks way too fucking much. he pretty much repeats the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. he is pretty much saying stuff everyone knows. nothing earth shattering.

that's a marketing ploy u learn in college.